Foolish seller

Howard Law

Kobayashi

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
Yesterday I was having a private message conversation with a seller/trader. I should be clear that it wasn't someone on this site. He had a factory Palmetto State AR listed, and because his info was a little vague I wanted to find out a little more about the rifle. His response was interesting

Me:
Quick question - I'm interested in the AR you've got listed, and I wanted to find out which PSA upper this one has. Is it a PTAC, a Freedom, or a premium? Is the barrel marked NATO or CHF?

Seller:
Freedom. Nato

Seller:
Sold about 30 of these never had a complaint or problem lifetime warranty

Seller:
Pickin them up from ffl tommorrow. I have standing order for them psa ships on their schedule not mine. I will have two for sale will give more info when i pick up.

I haven't responded yet, and I've been trying to decide how to continue the conversation. Suggestions?

Cudruln

Turning pennies into dollars.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Pass. That could be some bad trouble especially since I hope you know the laws. If/ when he gets popped your name could be on the list, just saying.

Reactions: Bypass

DarthVader

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Yesterday I was having a private message conversation with a seller/trader. I should be clear that it wasn't someone on this site. He had a factory Palmetto State AR listed, and because his info was a little vague I wanted to find out a little more about the rifle. His response was interesting

Me:
Quick question - I'm interested in the AR you've got listed, and I wanted to find out which PSA upper this one has. Is it a PTAC, a Freedom, or a premium? Is the barrel marked NATO or CHF?

Seller:
Freedom. Nato

Seller:
Sold about 30 of these never had a complaint or problem lifetime warranty

Seller:
Pickin them up from ffl tommorrow. I have standing order for them psa ships on their schedule not mine. I will have two for sale will give more info when i pick up.

I haven't responded yet, and I've been trying to decide how to continue the conversation. Suggestions?

Life is too short to mess around with shady sellers.

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
Name the seller from other site. Otherwise, you could be putting other buyers at risk if you think he's shady.

I'm tired of people saying stuff like "xxx company ripped me off...but I won't name them" Fuck that noise.

Kobayashi

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
Name the seller from other site. Otherwise, you could be putting other buyers at risk if you think he's shady.

I'm tired of people saying stuff like "xxx company ripped me off...but I won't name them" Fuck that noise.
I'll PM anyone who wants to know, but I'm not posting it here.

DarthVader

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Based on the rifle alone I had already decided not to deal with the guy. I was trying to decide if I wanted to continue talking to him. It could be interesting.
If you want to toy with him, go ahead. Could be interesting.

I'm just trying to figure out how he's making any money if he's not an FFL? Is he selling them for above the cost you could get it from PSA direct?

Kobayashi

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
He's got the rifle listed for 650, but I haven't gone to PSA's site to find a price. I'm guessing he's buying the freedom rifle kit and a lower.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Pass. That could be some bad trouble especially since I hope you know the laws. If/ when he gets popped your name could be on the list, just saying.
I believe @Kobayashi knows better. He's got nothing to worry about. The one time I had to deal with the ATF over some jack leg deal, they were actually pretty cool about it. They'd only be interested in the seller in this case.

Last edited:

Cudruln

Turning pennies into dollars.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I believe @Kobayashi knows better. He's got nothing to worry about. The one time I had to deal with the ATF over some jack leg deal, they were actually pretty cool about it. They'd only be interested in the seller in this case.
Not doubting him. But buying from an individual knowing they are illegally selling, would that make it bad for the buyer?

KGmade

Frontiersman
Apr 14, 2016
Marietta, Ga
kgmade.net
Zip code
Very much sounds like an unlicensed dealer.

From the ATF Guide
https://www.atf.gov/file/100871/download
Under federal law, a person engaged in the business of dealing in firearms is a person who “devotes time, attention and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms.”