Fixing a Can

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
To start, need no discussions about NFA rules, already have that portion taken care of.

So, I want to "fix" the shittiest can I own. It's a rimfire can. You can't even zero a rifle with the can on. Something is seriously fucked up with the baffle design and/or execution and machining. I've rearranged and restacked the baffles in numerous configurations and it doesn't help. I have tried it on numerous quality rifles with quality scopes, even a Gen 2 Razor. Still don't have enough elevation or windage to get a rifle zeroed. And for reference, my Spectre 2 zeros on each rifle without issue and with plenty of elevation and windage remaining. I'm truly baffled, pun intended.

So my question is, anyone know of anyone that would be able and willing to machine a custom monocore or baffle stack for this thing? I have a call into Liberty, but awaiting a response. I should probably just throw the damn thing in the back of my safe and ignore it, but that drives me crazy with the $200 stamp attached to it.

Last edited:

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
To start, need no discussions about NFA rules, already have that portion taken care of.

So, I want to "fix" the shittiest can I own. It's a rimfire can. You can't even zero a rifle with the can on. Something is seriously fucked up with the baffle design and/or execution and machining. I've rearranged and restacked the baffles in numerous configurations and it doesn't help. I have tried it on numerous quality rifles with quality scopes, even a Gen 2 Razor. Still don't have enough elevation or windage to get a rifle zeroed. And for reference, my Spectre 2 zeros on each rifle without issue and with plenty of elevation and windage remaining. I'm truly baffled, pun intended.

So my question is, anyone know of anyone that would be able and willing to machine a custom monocore or baffle stack for this thing? I have a call into Liberty, but awaiting a response. I should probably just throw the damn thing in the back of my safe and ignore it, but that drives me crazy with the $200 stamp attached to it.
That sucks. You would think Liberty would be willing to help. Did you research to see if other owners of same can were having issues? It may be that it had s defect and I would certainly let them straighten it out. Maybe get @DoglegArms to help you contact them.

I am sure you could get baffles made, just at what cost? Maybe it could be that KGmade has a design that fits and will slide right in.

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
That sucks. You would think Liberty would be willing to help. Did you research to see if other owners of same can were having issues? It may be that it had s defect and I would certainly let them straighten it out. Maybe get @DoglegArms to help you contact them.

I am sure you could get baffles made, just at what cost? Maybe it could be that KGmade has a design that fits and will slide right in.
It's not a Liberty can. Just thought they could help and that they know what fluid dynamics is.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Holy cow... an opportunity to finally put that fluid mechanics they made me learn to use...

Is this a K baffle design? Could it be line bored to get the thing concentric? And you could possibly add a good sized 45 degree "countersink" at the entrance side of each of the first few baffles. Of course, that brings up the whole converging/diverging nozzle problem with super sonic flow... which is what the K baffle design mitigates, sort of.

BangBang

Apprentice to master AR builder Greg Vess
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
I don't want it more bubba's than what it already is. I bet it would at least be more accurate with the freeze caps though.
I’ve got a friend that made a 9mm suppressor with dry storage cups and freeze plugs.

He said it actually worked really well and didn’t throw off POI

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Holy cow... an opportunity to finally put that fluid mechanics they made me learn to use...

Is this a K baffle design? Could it be line bored to get the thing concentric? And you could possibly add a good sized 45 degree "countersink" at the entrance side of each of the first few baffles. Of course, that brings up the whole converging/diverging nozzle problem with super sonic flow... which is what the K baffle design mitigates, sort of.
Pretty standard baffle design, assuming poor execution. No baffle strikes or anything to that nature either. 15498973611426001516287256071398.jpg 15498974302547309124010801156898.jpg

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Have you given the manufacturer a chance to make it right?