Howard Law

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Any of you cats ever fished Lake Eufaula? Me and the FIL are planning a camping/fishing outting down there here real soon. I was curious if anyone had any tips? I've never fished it. I haven't been fishing in years. But I'm starting to get excited. Been looking at new bait casters all morning. Lol

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Tip... take a pole, some lines, some bombers, some hooks, some bait and you're set!

Don't forget insect repellent and sunscreen!

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Definitely not a new hobby. I used to keep a collapsible rod/real, cane pole, and tackle box in my truck at all times. We went probably four or five days a week when I was in high school.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
What you got to fish with currently?
A little bit of everything. My favorite two are probably a little Daiwa spinning Outfit with an ultra light action rod for bream and crappie (makes them feel like a trophy no matter how big) and my Abu Garcia spinning for bass. I have an older Penn spinner my grandpa have me that's really nice and a Shimano low profile bait caster my dad gave me. That's just to name a few. I have quite a few other including a fly rod.

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthernSlammed

Jake

All gun laws are an infringement!
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Woodstock/Acworth
Zip code
You gonna be bank fishing or what? What is your target species of fish?

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
You gonna be bank fishing or what? What is your target species of fish?
Boat. Might do a little Bank fishing at night at the campsite. And as far as species, whatever is hitting good. Probably mainly bass though.

Jake

All gun laws are an infringement!
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Woodstock/Acworth
Zip code
Boat. Might do a little Bank fishing at night at the campsite. And as far as species, whatever is hitting good. Probably mainly bass though.

Can't go wrong with jigs, crankbaits, swimbaits or jerkbaits. It just depends on what they want to bite on that day. I've had really good luck in open water with bullshad mulit jointed swimbaits around this time of year.

Mac11FA

Gunoholic
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Try a floating plastic frog from the boat. Find a steep bank and try and land the frog right on it or as shallow as you can get. Caught many a bass lurking near the overhanging branches waiting for a tasty morsel to drop in. Same for a really weedy area. The frogs are weedless and you can run them through just about any area.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Try a floating plastic frog from the boat. Find a steep bank and try and land the frog right on it or as shallow as you can get. Caught many a bass lurking near the overhanging branches waiting for a tasty morsel to drop in. Same for a really weedy area. The frogs are weedless and you can run them through just about any area.
I'll pick some up for sure.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Can't go wrong with jigs, crankbaits, swimbaits or jerkbaits. It just depends on what they want to bite on that day. I've had really good luck in open water with bullshad mulit jointed swimbaits around this time of year.
Yeah, I read shallow cranks are doing good right now.

Mac11FA

Gunoholic
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Natural colour works better in my opinion over loud colours. I used to land then on the water at the bank's edge with a plop, then twitch to simulate swimming out and you'd be surprised how many times it got eaten.

Reactions: Rwjeter