American Revival Apparel Company

permaneo vox

Powered by Silencer Shop
Trusted Trader
Sep 21, 2015
Heart of Georgia
Zip code
20170727_174700[1].jpg

My initial impression on handling this weapon was, it's heavy, the bolt sticks on lock up, bluing salts leached out around the rear trunion rivets & center support, but the blued finish & metal surface work is outstanding. Not quite a PolyTech's high luster, but noticeably better than your average Norinco.

What little internet buzz there is, mainly focuses on the mags being Saiga pattern & the choke threading accepts Remington chokes. Also, a few youtube videos depicting the unreliability of the JTS-12.

20170727_174722[1].jpg

In reality, the magwell or more correctly, mag chute, is a blend of Vepr & Saiga. Only you shove it in(Vepr) then rock backwards to lock(Saiga/AK).
The top cover is hinged, like a Krink or M92 & has a rail that resembles 1913 Picatinny, but has a few spaces more like a Weaver rail. The topcover has some side play, so, red dots only, unless you want to tweak the cover by bending to skirt in, the eliminate the play. It's not rock solid, though.

I have referred to it as a Norinco, becuse of the makers/importer's markings: Jianshe. That is generally accepted to be State Factory /66\. Markings below.

20170727_174743[1].jpg

The operator's manual states that "Cartridges used: 12 gauge ball cartridges 2-3/4" & 3" ". "Firing mode: Single shots".

Prior to firing, I field stripped the weapon, inspected & found a metal chip in the gas block & removed it. Then greased all contacting parts with 20% moly chassis grease. This did not take care of the 'going into battery' problem, so I hand cycled the bolt carrier 100 times. This improved it, but did not eliminate it. Another 100 cycles, maybe a little more improvement.

Test firing using 5rds S&B 00 buck with the gas valve on 3, no failures & with vigorous ejection to a distance of 8'-10'. Recoil is very acceptable.
Second firing of 5rds S&B 00 with the valve on 2, 1 failure to feed(hung up on something at the chamber), ejection about 5' away. Recoil was pretty light.
3rd firing on setting 1 caused FTE every round. Recoil unnoticed because of FTE.

A second shooter fired 5rds on setting 2, no issues.

A third shooter on setting 2 had FTEs on 3rds. Once I got him to lean into it & snug the gun tightly to his shoulder, no more issues.

Just like a Saiga, you can't baby these thing or hip shoot until well broken in.

It came with 2 5rd mags, choke tube tool(I won't call it a wrench), chamber plug, paperwork. Nice fitted box too, for a chinese gun.

Any questions?

Reactions: Laufen and Red Dawn

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Keep us updated as you get some more rounds through it and let us know how it performs. I saw one of these at Academy last week for $499(IIRC) and they look pretty nice for that price point. I was thinking about picking one up in the near future to play with.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I'm willing to break in a $500.00 dollar semi-auto AK shotgun. ( I assume someone makes 10 round mags for these things.) I have a quick question, the grip looks like a M249 SAW grip, that is pretty common for AK's. That being said, do you thing that one might be able to replace it with a Magpul AK style grip??

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I see Academy on the receiver. Is this for Academy only to sale or can you order these too. Looks like a fun shotgun once you run a couple boxes of 00 buck through it to break it in.

permaneo vox