Finally ran the Bootleg Adjustable Carrier and......

GA Firing Line

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I think it sucks for my setup lol.

Since I'm running that reduced gas port barrel Sionics barrel and the Vltor A5 setup, its already perfect lol. I plopped the Bootleg in there today and tried it on the Suppressed setting and the brass was basically just falling out the side of the ejection port at about the 5 o'clock position. I put it up a notch and the brass started at least ejecting with a little force, but still pretty much 5 o'clock. I put it up another notch which is one notch shy of Unsuppressed, and it was ejecting about 4 o'clock I would say, which is ideal I think?? Someone who knows more than me might know if this is true or not. Here's the catch though!! I had a malfunction on this setting within about 20 rounds. The round failed to feed. I have never had any malfunctions of any kind in this rifle.

So I of course had to try it on Unsuppressed and it ejected at like 2 o'clock and recoil noticeably increased. It ran flawlessly though.

In a nutshell, it actually ran fine for at least 20 rounds on every setting other than one away from Unsuppressed, which seemed to be the ideal setting for my setup lol... So basically I have deemed it useless for me. My Daniel Defense runs great, recoil is low, no gas in my face, and ejection is about 3 o'clock with zero malfunctions to date.

Reactions: Mac11FA

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I think it sucks for my setup lol.

Since I'm running that reduced gas port barrel Sionics barrel and the Vltor A5 setup, its already perfect lol. I plopped the Bootleg in there today and tried it on the Suppressed setting and the brass was basically just falling out the side of the ejection port at about the 5 o'clock position. I put it up a notch and the brass started at least ejecting with a little force, but still pretty much 5 o'clock. I put it up another notch which is one notch shy of Unsuppressed, and it was ejecting about 4 o'clock I would say, which is ideal I think?? Someone who knows more than me might know if this is true or not. Here's the catch though!! I had a malfunction on this setting within about 20 rounds. The round failed to feed. I have never had any malfunctions of any kind in this rifle.

So I of course had to try it on Unsuppressed and it ejected at like 2 o'clock and recoil noticeably increased. It ran flawlessly though.

In a nutshell, it actually ran fine for at least 20 rounds on every setting other than one away from Unsuppressed, which seemed to be the ideal setting for my setup lol... So basically I have deemed it useless for me. My Daniel Defense runs great, recoil is low, no gas in my face, and ejection is about 3 o'clock with zero malfunctions to date.
I have not had a chance to run mine yet. Still in the shipping box. It sounds like you already have an ideal setup for suppressed shooting. I have standard setups for AR15 and AR300 so I am sure this is what the bolt is geared for. I would say try in a standard suppressed AR15 and see what a difference it makes. I hope it works well. I have no issues with either rifle other than gas and recoil. If I can reduce this, it is what I bought it for. I started to buy an adjustable gas block but my AR15 has the front sight/gas block unit. I was also looking for something that would be easier to adjust and not be hard to get at or limit hand guard options.

Thanks for the honest review and being the guinea pig.