Fall SET Meet-n-Greet

Grunk

Hard to be an Outlaw that ain't Wanted anymore
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
Made it home safe. But evidently I should change my name to Shalako, the Man who brings the rain according to the Zuni Indians. Just like when I went to Blade with @Jake the rain on the way home was so hard the traffic was doing about 30 mph on 85.

Red Dawn

Wolverine
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I had a great time, at least until @I.D.-ten-T got his truck broken into.
You should’ve taken the batteries out of it so they wouldn’t see all the strobe lights and heard the buzzing that drew their attention to it and made it hard to resist not taking it.

Reactions: Leadhoof

Grunk

Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
So, the protesters "CWA on Strike" people who jumped out in the street in front of my truck today & thought for a minute they wanted to rumble were Communications Workers of America protesting "unfair labor practices" at AT&T all across the southeast on Saturday. :noidea:

I.D.-ten-T

Graveolence is bliss.
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Inside my own mind
Zip code
Good meeting everyone today. Several people I already had met in the past.
Great to meet you and @Hayata and @Leadhoof for the first time, and always good to see the rest of the gang!

Thanks again @lesptr for setting us up with the location, tour, and pizza, and thanks to @Laufen for the awesome NF swag.
Now I can put some of those stickers on my cheap scopes and pretend to be a badass!

Hayata

This Space for Rent
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Dang I hate to hear your truck got broken into and @Leadhoof 's backpack stolen! That sucks big time!

• Sad
Reactions: I.D.-ten-T

Jake

All gun laws are an infringement!
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
Made it home safe. But evidently I should change my name to Shalako, the Man who brings the rain according to the Zuni Indians. Just like when I went to Blade with @Jake the rain on the way home was so hard the traffic was doing about 30 mph on 85.
I forgot about that one. That was pretty bad. We followed that storm all the way back to Monroe too, lol. The only break we got was when we went into the Mexican restaurant. I ran into a pretty bad storm yesterday that I seemed to follow for a while too. I was glad I have AWD. I saw a couple cars hit a big puddle at speed and it sucked them into the curb. My car seems to have the opposite effect, idk if it's a computer thing that senses it's losing traction on one side and delivers all the power to the opposite side or what.

Mac11FA

Gunoholic
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
So, the protesters "CWA on Strike" people who jumped out in the street in front of my truck today & thought for a minute they wanted to rumble were Communications Workers of America protesting "unfair labor practices" at AT&T all across the southeast on Saturday. :noidea:
Ask @Hoss he is AT&T.

Reactions: Grunk

Mac11FA

Gunoholic
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I forgot about that one. That was pretty bad. We followed that storm all the way back to Monroe too, lol. The only break we got was when we went into the Mexican restaurant. I ran into a pretty bad storm yesterday that I seemed to follow for a while too. I was glad I have AWD. I saw a couple cars hit a big puddle at speed and it sucked them into the curb. My car seems to have the opposite effect, idk if it's a computer thing that senses it's losing traction on one side and delivers all the power to the opposite side or what.
Most newer cars have some pretty sophisticated traction control.

Grunk

Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
Thanks to @Laufen, @lesptr, @Hayata, @Allsmiles, @Leadhoof & @I.D.-ten-T for a great day out. I don't get many of those anymore.. Especially not at such a fun place. (Though, oddly enough, a brewery is supposedly being planned here in Monroe. I'll believe it when I see it. If all the stuff that was "going" to be built here in the 10 years I've lived here was built, this town would be twice the size of Athens. Small town rumor mills! :suspicious:) I really appreciate the camaraderie & now at least these guys know who the old, fat slow one who can't move is to use for cover when the boogaloo kicks off.

karlvv

Legend
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Thanks to @Laufen, @lesptr, @Hayata, @Allsmiles, @Leadhoof & @I.D.-ten-T for a great day out. I don't get many of those anymore.. Especially not at such a fun place. (Though, oddly enough, a brewery is supposedly being planned here in Monroe. I'll believe it when I see it. If all the stuff that was "going" to be built here in the 10 years I've lived here was built, this town would be twice the size of Athens. Small town rumor mills! :suspicious:) I really appreciate the camaraderie & now at least these guys know who the old, fat slow one who can't move is to use for cover when the boogaloo kicks off.
When the boogaloo kicks off you will have cover.

Reactions: Grunk