F*ck.

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Time goes slow when you are trying to quit smoking. You can only TRY to sleep so much to pass time. I am about a week into it now and I am nearing the end. They say in about another week I should be past the cravings. All I know is I have a growth on my larynx that isn't cancer right now according to the VA but could be if I keep up the smoking.

That news made my decision to quit a lot easier and I have actually been sticking to it this time. You practically have to kill me to get me to change my mind about anything it seems.

Ah well, one more week.

KGmade

Frontiersman
Apr 14, 2016
Marietta, Ga
kgmade.net
Zip code
Stick with it Bypass. The cravings will be over sooner than you know it. I dont smoke myself, but I have helped a few friends quit. It sucks at first, but it doesnt last long. Hell, a couple of them now cant even stand the smell of tobacco.

Reactions: jwtug and Bypass

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Stick with it Bypass. The cravings will be over sooner than you know it. I dont smoke myself, but I have helped a few friends quit. It sucks at first, but it doesnt last long. Hell, a couple of them now cant even stand the smell of tobacco.
Right on, Thanks brother.

Reactions: KGmade

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
When I quit about 2 years ago the cravings weren't as bad as the restlessness. I had about two weeks of not being able to sleep. But it was worth it. I'm so glad I quit for real this time and I know 100% I'll never go back to it. It's a mindset thing more than anything else.

Reactions: Bypass

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Best of luck buddy, I've tried and failed a few times. Your already further then I ever made it.

Take 5 bucks a day and put into a savings account, that way you can reward yourself by taking the money you would spend k cigarettes and buy yourself something nice. 30x5=$150 a month, or $1800 a year you can buy guns with.

georgia357

Woodsman
Jul 28, 2015
Lexington, Ga
Zip code
I might be an expert on quitting smoking, I've quit hundreds of times. I was up to three packs a day and smoked for over 20 years. One morning I woke up with the usual hacking and snorting and said "fuck this shit" and said I'm going to quit. Haven't had one since and that's been almost 30 years ago.

Fish Fry

Scout
Oct 20, 2015
Alpharetta
7 years here - and a rabid antismoking advocate now. Can't tolerate the smell from a mile away.

Dicked away a bunch of money and missed a lot of great activities that required any decent lung function over the years.

I excercise regularly now (cardiovascular and strength) and am in the best shape of my life - just wish I had done it earlier.

My secret was listening to cheesy hypnotic recordings as I drifted off to sleep each night for about a month, both before and after quitting. Had tried EVERYTHING else under the Sun.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

LethalEdge

Missing a marble or two
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2016
Woodstock
Zip code
Good luck. I smoked for years and as much as 3 packs a day. Not an easy thing to do, but stick with it. I does get easier. My trick was chewing a stick of gum whenever I normally would have had a smoke. Seemed to help. Focused on the chewing.