EOTECH 2020

cmshoot

Sniper
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I don’t get the argument over tube size vs screen size on a 1x RDS. When I use mine with both eyes open, and focus on the target, the tube is translucent; I can see through it and it doesn’t obscure my view. With both eyes open, I don’t even have to open the front lens cover, as long as I focus on the threat/target and not the dot.......as you should. I can see through the front lens cover, and see the target and the dot both.

I bought my first Aimpoint Micro, a T1, in around 2008 or 2009.. I own a T2, 3 T1’s, and 2 H1’s. I’ve only every changed the battery in my original T1. It was still working fine, I just made a preemptive strike.

I install the KAC battery cover on all my Micros, as it holds a spare battery. So every one of my Aimpoint Micros has a spare battery attached to it. I bought my first T1 and the T2 new.......all the rest I bought used. On the used ones, I immediately installed new batteries in them when I got them.

I like the simplicity and size of the 2MOA dot. When my daughter was 10, she ran my 16” carbine with Aimpoint T1 out to 500yds, using M193 ball.

Reactions: ReservoirDawg10

lesptr

Weekend Warrior
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
I don’t get the argument over tube size vs screen size on a 1x RDS. When I use mine with both eyes open, and focus on the target, the tube is translucent; I can see through it and it doesn’t obscure my view. With both eyes open, I don’t even have to open the front lens cover, as long as I focus on the threat/target and not the dot.......as you should. I can see through the front lens cover, and see the target and the dot both.

I bought my first Aimpoint Micro, a T1, in around 2008 or 2009.. I own a T2, 3 T1’s, and 2 H1’s. I’ve only every changed the battery in my original T1. It was still working fine, I just made a preemptive strike.

I install the KAC battery cover on all my Micros, as it holds a spare battery. So every one of my Aimpoint Micros has a spare battery attached to it. I bought my first T1 and the T2 new.......all the rest I bought used. On the used ones, I immediately installed new batteries in them when I got them.

I like the simplicity and size of the 2MOA dot. When my daughter was 10, she ran my 16” carbine with Aimpoint T1 out to 500yds, using M193 ball.
Perhaps I need to spend the coin on an h1, t1, t2. I currently have a couple of xps2’s and two aimpoint pro’s.

What are your thoughts on the pro’s?

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code

That's because most people still shoot like it's the 80's. One eye closed and using the magwell as a vfg.

Reactions: cmshoot

lesptr

Weekend Warrior
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
I can shoot both eyes open with a red dot. I cannot with a magnified optic, or with irons (on a pistol, not sure if I ever tried with iron sights on an AR)
In fact, a long time ago, when I flew the AH64 I had to alternate left eye to look inside, and right eye for the outside through the IHADS.
I gave up trying both eyes open on everything except a red dot.

Reactions: cmshoot and Grunk

Grunk

Hard to be an Outlaw that ain't Wanted anymore
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
I can shoot both eyes open with a red dot. I cannot with a magnified optic, or with irons (on a pistol, not sure if I ever tried with iron sights on an AR)
In fact, a long time ago, when I flew the AH64 I had to alternate left eye to look inside, and right eye for the outside through the IHADS.
Since the stroke, I can hardly ever shoot both eyes open. But I don't worry about it cuz it's still better than the 4 years I had to wear an eye patch to not have double vision.

cmshoot

Sniper
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Different folks have to do things differently. I’ve had students that I’ve run through drills to figure out what works best for THEM; both eyes open, left eye only, or right eye only. Yes, both eyes open with a defensive handgun is preferable, but not everyone can do it.

Reactions: lesptr and Grunk