EMP. What's up with that?

shaneadams90

Hunter
Jan 27, 2017
Dalton
www.eseeknives.com
Zip code
Kinda late to the party on this thread but if you want to read an EXCELLENT book about an EMP take a look at:

Will Forstchens "One Second After" and "One Year After".....

Both are OUTSTANDING books and take place in the Black Hills (near Asheville) area of NC...Awesome books and highly recommended.

Also read "Founders" and "Patriots" from James Rawles that is based on economic collapse. As well as "The Dog Stars" from some guy I can't remember....

One current that runs through all these books is how QUICKLY society degrades....after 48hrs paper money is basically useless and the things get sporty and degrade REALLY quick.

The Barter system is quickly revived and things that formerly held little values begin to hold great value like toilet paper, ammo, salt, whiskey, medical supplies and cigarettes just to name a few...

Last edited:
Reactions: dial1911

Mac11FA

Facilitator
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I would honestly see this happening. Think about the lack of preparedness on everybody's part, how many don't store at least 3 days of food much less anything else.

Just imagine the mayhem what would come from the power just going it all of the sudden. Look at the response of the threat of a snow storm, and how the stores are just wiped clear. So what will happen once there is no restocking of those shelves.

What do you think would happen?
How fast will the shelves clear out?
How fast will the "war" start?
It is not just 3 days of food but food that does not need to be refrigerated or cooked. Water, psshhh, most think they can turn on a faucet.

Home base sounds good. People in rural areas that "bug in" will fare better since not a lot of population around. Another thing to consider is that the military will probably be deployed in more populated areas and may force people to stay in rather than get out and travel. It may take them a minute to get organized but it will happen. Remember Katrina?

Leshaire

Ninja
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I literally bounce all over Georgia on a service truck. The fastest route in a vehicle might be 15 extra miles compared to back roads. Too, I think if anything like that happens your best bet is away from dense population. Too many people don't know basic survival and will be forced to take anything they can by force. I believe it would be very very bad....
You'd likely be walking since cars these days are run by a computer. Unless you have a carb'd car laying around that works.

I've always wanted an older dual sport with a carb for this lol.

Reactions: Cudruln

Laufen

Badass
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
You'd likely be walking since cars these days are run by a computer. Unless you have a carb'd car laying around that works.

I've always wanted an older dual sport with a carb for this lol.
Even older carbed cars used circuitry of some sort...until you get back to the early 80's and before. Even then some old cars used circuitry susceptible to emp's.