Help Wanted Electrician?

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I believe we got a couple of electricians here, @jwtug @Rwjeter ?

I am about to move into my grandmothers house temporarily. He dryer is gas, I don’t want to deal with that. I was wondering if any of y’all would want to make some side cash and put in a outlet for me. I’m fairly sure it would need to be 220. The home has a basement the fuse box is almost directly below the laundry area. I think it would need a sub panel put in since there doesn’t look to be any empty spots in the fuse box (it’s an old house). If any of the electricians here are interested in side work or have any advise I would appreciate it. The house is in seats Cobb county.

It does have to be a licensed electrician doing the work though, my mom and aunts are very particular about that fact.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I believe we got a couple of electricians here, @jwtug @Rwjeter ?

I am about to move into my grandmothers house temporarily. He dryer is gas, I don’t want to deal with that. I was wondering if any of y’all would want to make some side cash and put in a outlet for me. I’m fairly sure it would need to be 220. The home has a basement the fuse box is almost directly below the laundry area. I think it would need a sub panel put in since there doesn’t look to be any empty spots in the fuse box (it’s an old house). If any of the electricians here are interested in side work or have any advise I would appreciate it. The house is in seats Cobb county.

It does have to be a licensed electrician doing the work though, my mom and aunts are very particular about that fact.
There's a huge difference in licensed and qualified without there being much difference. A licensed Master electrician has to have four years of experience and pass a State test in Georgia, then pay/keep up with continuing education. However, all that means is they can pass a written test and pull permits. @jwtug @shootin4fun and I all are ticket holding Journeyman Wiremen through the IBEW. We can go anywhere in the US or Canada with that. But we can't pull permits. At least I can't. We've all had 5 years of school plus over 10 years in the field. Hey in touch with one of them and get it done right.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
There's a huge difference in licensed and qualified without there being much difference. A licensed Master electrician has to have four years of experience and pass a State test in Georgia, then pay/keep up with continuing education. However, all that means is they can pass a written test and pull permits. @jwtug @shootin4fun and I all are ticket holding Journeyman Wiremen through the IBEW. We can go anywhere in the US or Canada with that. But we can't pull permits. At least I can't. We've all had 5 years of school plus over 10 years in the field. Hey in touch with one of them and get it done right.
I will pass that along. Would something like what I need require a permit?

shootin4fun

Veritas Aequitas
Site Supporter
Sep 1, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I’m out of town this weekend other wise I would help you out. Just did one in Marietta a couple of weeks ago for a widow.

shootin4fun

Veritas Aequitas
Site Supporter
Sep 1, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I have an unrestricted electrical license. Decided to acquire it in 2002. Continuing education is a must. Renewal every 2 years.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I have an unrestricted electrical license. Decided to acquire it in 2002. Continuing education is a must. Renewal every 2 years.
I hate side work too much to get one. I tried it years ago. After about the 3rd time of listening to a customer bitch about how if that's all it was why was I charging them, or having to call and call and call to get paid after I'd finished a job, or a fucking fugitive hiding out in the crawlspace of a house I was working on (true story) I realized I don't have the patience.

shootin4fun

Veritas Aequitas
Site Supporter
Sep 1, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I hate side work too much to get one. I tried it years ago. After about the 3rd time of listening to a customer bitch about how if that's all it was why was I charging them, or having to call and call and call to get paid after I'd finished a job, or a fucking fugitive hiding out in the crawlspace of a house I was working on (true story) I realized I don't have the patience.
Im limiting my side work. Too much superintendent stuff going on now! Lol

Reactions: Rwjeter