Howard Law

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Wait, so do we not have to do this picture and fingerprint BS any more??

This is off their web sight :

The eForms system cannot yet accept fingerprint cards, so if the application requires fingerprint cards, the fingerprint cards will be submitted in hard copy. The eForms system will generate an email notification to the submitter providing a cover letter which is to be returned with the fingerprints so they can be matched to the application.

So you still have to mail in the hard copy but you’ll get email notifications on progress. Should be simplified some hopefully and expedite the process.

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net

The eForms system cannot yet accept fingerprint cards, so if the application requires fingerprint cards, the fingerprint cards will be submitted in hard copy. The eForms system will generate an email notification to the submitter providing a cover letter which is to be returned with the fingerprints so they can be matched to the application.

So you still have to mail in the hard copy but you’ll get email notifications on progress. Should be simplified some hopefully and expedite the process.

Well, crap. There goes $200. Time for a SBR.

Now I need some finger print cards.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
I was thinking the same thing bud
I’ll have to call @DoglegArms for prints

@DoglegArms ... Are you still doing the lower engraving/photos/fingerprint package?

I'm in the market. It will involve a drive up from Macon, but I guess I could work that into a trip. Any chance of getting the lower engraved while I'm there (i.e. save a return trip/shipping)?

Reactions: DoglegArms

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
@DoglegArms ... Are you still doing the lower engraving/photos/fingerprint package?

I'm in the market. It will involve a drive up from Macon, but I guess I could work that into a trip. Any chance of getting the lower engraved while I'm there (i.e. save a return trip/shipping)?

The engraved rifle lower shouldn’t matter unless it’s matched with a pistol upper then you’ll have issues till it’s approved but you should be able to have possession of it engraved no prob

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
The engraved rifle lower shouldn’t matter unless it’s matched with a pistol upper then you’ll have issues till it’s approved but you should be able to have possession of it engraved no prob

No- I know I can have the engraved lower... that's not the issue. I was asking if he's still doing the engraving himself, or if it's an offsite job.

In other words, I'd like to take it all with me and bring it back home in one trip. Can do shipping if not, I'd just prefer not to have to ship.

Reactions: Red Dawn

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code

Oh nvm, fuck that lol.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
No- I know I can have the engraved lower... that's not the issue. I was asking if he's still doing the engraving himself, or if it's an offsite job.

In other words, I'd like to take it all with me and bring it back home in one trip. Can do shipping if not, I'd just prefer not to have to ship.

Gotcha that makes sense I’m not sure if he’s still doing the engrave or DD is. Maybe have to pm the joker

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
They need to save fingerprints and passport photo... like the kiosk!

Looks like the fingerprint card is downloadable... And per Silencer Shop's website, make copies after you have them done. Apparently you can keep the copies/scanned images for future purchases. Pictures have to be 1 year old or less, but pictures are easy.

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Looks like the fingerprint card is downloadable... And per Silencer Shop's website, make copies after you have them done. Apparently you can keep the copies/scanned images for future purchases. Pictures have to be 1 year old or less, but pictures are easy.
I went to the cobb county sherrifs office and had them print out 20 or so. Im set for a while.

I dont know if I would trust home printed cards though. At least order real cards and print onto them.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
I went to the cobb county sherrifs office and had them print out 20 or so. Im set for a while.

I dont know if I would trust home printed cards though. At least order real cards and print onto them.

I will do the same thing- thanks. I was hoping the digital scans or good copies would be enough. But if the local SO can print them on the cards, that would be much better.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code

Do they charge for each card?

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code

I can do it the prints and photo for free for you but the engraving I do through Dobbs and he doesn’t do same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I will do the same thing- thanks. I was hoping the digital scans or good copies would be enough. But if the local SO can print them on the cards, that would be much better.
They dont have the ATF cards, so just order some of those if you dont already have them