Zip code
tumblr_ntnrqx8eup1u4phqro8_500.gif

Laufen

Ammosexual
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Meh, I don't think putting any religion in the crosshairs correctly identifies the root......or that there is even one singular "root". Singularly pointing out islam as the genesis ignores a lot of other factors that shouldn't be ignored when addressing global terrorism.

Let's take a look at what a crusade on infidels looks like, from the perspective of fighting radical islam. Anyone care to start?

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Meh, I don't think putting any religion in the crosshairs correctly identifies the root......or that there is even one singular "root". Singularly pointing out islam as the genesis ignores a lot of other factors that shouldn't be ignored when addressing global terrorism.

Let's take a look at what a crusade on infidels looks like, from the perspective of fighting radical islam. Anyone care to start?
In other news.

http://drrichswier.com/2016/06/19/muslim-refugees-sexually-assault-5-year-old-in-idaho/

karlvv

The muthafuckin LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code

Sure. The base of it is their religion. They are taught that killing infidels is doing them a favor. They are taught that women are shit and can be treated any way.

Laufen

Ammosexual
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Yeah, I don't have any doubt that people of all faiths or no faith do terrible things. That's part of humanity. It's possible to find examples of muslims that perform incredible acts of kindness, and christians that rape and kill children, atheists that are child molesters and atheists that would give their shirts off their back to the poor, and spend time in soup kitchens.......and vice versa. Focusing on religion as causation is pretty off base.
[DOUBLEPOST=1466432812][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sure. The base of it is their religion. They are taught that killing infidels is doing them a favor. They are taught that women are shit and can be treated any way.
The bible also teaches this, so is religion the genesis?

karlvv

The muthafuckin LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Yeah, I don't have any doubt that people of all faiths or no faith do terrible things. That's part of humanity. It's possible to find examples of muslims that perform incredible acts of kindness, and christians that rape and kill children, atheists that are child molesters and atheists that would give their shirts off their back to the poor, and spend time in soup kitchens.......and vice versa. Focusing on religion as causation is pretty off base.
[DOUBLEPOST=1466432812][/DOUBLEPOST]
The bible also teaches this, so is religion the genesis?

The old testament was fulfilled. Brought to an end. Finished. The Koran teaches these things to this day. Is religion the problem. You bet your ass it is.

Laufen

Ammosexual
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The old testament was fulfilled. Brought to an end. Finished. The Koran teaches these things to this day. Is religion the problem. You bet your ass it is.
But those were the words, actions and commandments of the christian god. Being a younger religion, perhaps islam is just attempting to be "fulfilled". It was perfectly acceptable to stone your children to death for minor offenses according to the christian god, so we've witnessed the evolution of a religion. Could you rule out the possibility that this is what we are witnessing with islam?

Do christians still cite verses on homosexuality out of the old testament as justification for bigotry? Any other lessons? Who decides what gets ignored and what doesnt'?

karlvv

The muthafuckin LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
But those were the words, actions and commandments of the christian god. Being a younger religion, perhaps islam is just attempting to be "fulfilled". It was perfectly acceptable to stone your children to death for minor offenses according to the christian god, so we've witnessed the evolution of a religion. Could you rule out the possibility that this is what we are witnessing with islam?

No I cant, but I won't be blinded to the root of the problem.

Laufen

Ammosexual
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
No I cant, but I won't be blinded to the root of the problem.
Do christians still cite verses on homosexuality out of the old testament as justification for bigotry? Any other lessons? Who decides what gets ignored and what doesnt'?

karlvv

The muthafuckin LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code

Ignorant people quote many things. The old testament died on a cross. That was the purpose of his coming. Just because people don't understand it doesn't make the whole thing nefarious.

Laufen

Ammosexual
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Ignorant people quote many things. Just because people don't understand it doesn't make the whole thing nefarious.
Hey, that sounds exactly like what I hear muslims say.

Laufen

Ammosexual
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
*For the record I'm only concerned about intellectual honesty. I don't have a favorite religion.
[DOUBLEPOST=1466433636][/DOUBLEPOST]
Chose a side Laufen. Stop apologizing for and defending these miserable bastards.
There are no sides. I won't categorize you a miserable bastard because of the actions of some christians either.

karlvv

The muthafuckin LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
*For the record I'm only concerned about intellectual honesty. I don't have a favorite religion.

Same here. I'm an atheist most days. Its easier to see the truths that way.

Laufen

Ammosexual
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Same here. I'm an atheist most days. Its easier to see the truths that way.
The difference is that I don't believe in truth. I believe it's fluid, and what makes a fact or truth can change in an instant.

Laufen

Ammosexual
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Chose a side Laufen. Stop apologizing for and defending these miserable bastards.
Hey man, can I send you a short book? I think you might enjoy it. It's not in any way religious or political.

karlvv

The muthafuckin LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
The difference is that I don't believe in truth. I believe it's fluid, and what makes a fact or truth can change in an instant.

I disagree. Truth is truth, right is right, and wrong is wrong.