Deals on survival/prepping related things

Huddy

Sniper
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Gonna catch hell for admitting to stepping foot inside of Dick's, but the one in Cumming has a random assortment of Mountain House entree pouches on clearance. Prices aren't ridiculously cheap, but about %30 off regular.

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
Gonna catch hell for admitting to stepping foot inside of Dick's, but the one in Cumming has a random assortment of Mountain House entree pouches on clearance. Prices aren't ridiculously cheap, but about %30 off regular.

I don't like Dick's either, but I did buy my son's soccer gear there this year. They usually have a bundle deal containing cleats, a ball, and shin guards for about half what I'd have to pay elsewhere.

I'm glad you found a deal- I love mountain house. Several years ago, I was in Wal-Mart and noticed the Mountain House on clearance... I bought almost everything they had- it was so much that the cashier finally looked at a pack and said "What the heck is this stuff?!" I laughed and said it was camping food that was on clearance. I think I ended up with about 30 pouches of entrees at half price.

Reactions: erkinator

karlvv

The muthafuckin LEGEND
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Dick's is good if you like to look at stuff you can get for a better price elsewhere or if you want to talk to someone about guns that has no friggin clue about guns. I wish I could find clearance preps around here. My wife is a sucker for bargains so it would be easier to get her on board.

Reactions: Righter13

Huddy

Sniper
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
I don't like Dick's either, but I did buy my son's soccer gear there this year. They usually have a bundle deal containing cleats, a ball, and shin guards for about half what I'd have to pay elsewhere.

I'm glad you found a deal- I love mountain house. Several years ago, I was in Wal-Mart and noticed the Mountain House on clearance... I bought almost everything they had- it was so much that the cashier finally looked at a pack and said "What the heck is this stuff?!" I laughed and said it was camping food that was on clearance. I think I ended up with about 30 pouches of entrees at half price.
That's how I shop @dick's and Academy. Mega bargain clearance stuff only. Both are close to where I work, so it only takes 20 mins out of my week to quickly peruse both for super deals. I have often felt bad for the people that I have overheard seeking information from the personnel and have actually had to refrain from offering a sound interjection.

Last edited:

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
Note.... Kroger's "Taste of Italy" has ended. Now they have tons of that stuff marked down. 1 pound packages of various pasta are all $0.50 and lots of the 'fancy' jars of sauce are $1.00. Good time to fill up a shelf or two. Expiration dates on the sauce are into 2018. Dry pasta is good basically indefinitely.

Oh- and some of the big bottle of olive oil are half price. Still not a steal considering the store brand olive oil price, but pretty decent.

Happy Krogering-

Reactions: Hoss and Red Dawn

Huddy

Sniper
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Note.... Kroger's "Taste of Italy" has ended. Now they have tons of that stuff marked down. 1 pound packages of various pasta are all $0.50 and lots of the 'fancy' jars of sauce are $1.00. Good time to fill up a shelf or two. Expiration dates on the sauce are into 2018. Dry pasta is good basically indefinitely.

Oh- and some of the big bottle of olive oil are half price. Still not a steal considering the store brand olive oil price, but pretty decent.

Happy Krogering-
Man...you and my wife allover that shit. She came home with with 4 bags of random stuff from those deals.

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
Man...you and my wife allover that shit. She came home with with 4 bags of random stuff from those deals.

I've got a wife and three kids to feed... I'll take all the savings on food that I can find. And having a fairly good supply on hand hasn't hurt us yet. Well, the pantry is full so you kind of have to dig around a bit, but that's not a big problem.

EDIT... that came off sounding crappy for some reason... not what I meant.

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
Academy in Douglasville. Sterno 3 pack. $1.98View attachment 24630
Good deal there- Sterno definitely is useful stuff.

I keep saying I'm going to test out the ones I have. I remember reading on the can that the burn temperature was like 185F- not hot enough to boil water. Although, come to think of it- those were chafing dish warmers from Sam's and not name brand Sterno.

Reactions: Rwjeter

karlvv

The muthafuckin LEGEND
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Korean folk use a single burner unit that runs off butane cans. I have one and a case of butane. You should look into them.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Good deal there- Sterno definitely is useful stuff.

I keep saying I'm going to test out the ones I have. I remember reading on the can that the burn temperature was like 185F- not hot enough to boil water. Although, come to think of it- those were chafing dish warmers from Sam's and not name brand Sterno.
I almost bought some to try myself. I felt like it was a good deal.

Huddy

Sniper
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
^^^that is a good deal. Love Kroger clearance shopping. Got a big vacuum sealer food saver thing for $35 a while back.

Reactions: Patryn