Panama City Beach, FL
July 5, 2017
5 Hour Charter
Fish Caught:
  • 3 King Mackerel (1 over 20lbs)
  • 12 Mahi Mahi Dolphin
  • 5 Bonita
  • 3 Sucker
  • 3 Red Snapper (catch & release due to weekday restrictions)
  • 1 Black Fin Tuna (a dolphin grabbed it before we could get it aboard.
Captain Ryan and First Mate Myles were awesome! They were laid back and super personable. They carried a great conversation, played great old school country music (when they learned I was a fan of old country), helped my 13 year old son land a 20+ lb King Mackerel in the first 10 mins of fishing and overall made for an amazing trip! I will definitely be using Dark Side Charters every time I go to Panama City Beach to fish.

Snapseed.jpg Snapseed.jpg IMG_8855.JPG

Snapseed.jpg

Last edited:

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
Sounds like an awesome trip! Glad they were biting and the charter knew where to go-

I've always wanted to go fishing off the coast (I won't say "deep sea" fishing- not sure I'm up for that kind of boat ride).

Reactions: dougiemac

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
yup my dads best friend has a small house and a boat down there just for going out on, they went this past weekend and caught a shitload of amberjack, sadly couldn't keep any right now but one was a friggin massive 80lbs. . .that one would have hurt to throw back . . .but he went without me so screw him :cry2:

dougiemac

Captain
Owner
Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
I going to lower PCB in September. @dougiemac what was the cost for 5 hours ?

5-hour charter was $750. That's for the entire boat...whether it's just you, you and the significant other or up to 6? I believe would fit easily on that vessel. There's a 3% credit card charge it you charge it instead of cash. This was competitive for the size of boat, quality of the captain and mate (read about Dark Side Charters on Yelp) and the equipment.

The mate (Myles) works on tips, and he was awesome, so we tipped him 18%.

The fish cleaners charge $0.75 per lb to clean or $1.00 per pound to clean and de-skin.

Like I said we hit a 20+lb King Mackerel within the first 10 mins and caught fish all day with very little lulls. Both my son's arms and my arms are sore from fighting fish for 5 hours but it was TOTALLY worth it!