COVID Vaccine

Howard Law

Sasquatch
Sep 5, 2015
Hilton Head, SC
Zip code
I'm probably gonna hit up the local GEMA site for that J&J one hitter...just gonna wait until the semester ends in case I have a day or two of fucking down time as a reaction.

Mac11FA

Gunoholic
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Did I hear that right? You get the shot and it wipes out your immune system to fight anything but the specific c19? Does that mean you could die from the common cold?

He didn't mention the part about how long it would take for that to happen to your natural immune system.

Wow, if true.
There have been real experts on the subject saying they are wrong.

The vaccine does not wipe out your immune system. It had the RNA strand of the covid virus for spike protein in the virus. It is the specific sequence for the protein. It is referred to as a message RNA that simply gives your immune system to recognize the spike protein of the covid 19 virus. This is done without use an inert virus or part of the live virus (which is what other vaccines do) and has no risk of infecting the individual receiving the vaccine.

The issues with blood clots and some of the other serious side effects are limited to a very small # of people. The individuals and "experts" denouncing the virus have zero scientific proof of the claims they are making.

Get the vaccine or not. That is your choice.

dammitgriff

Hunter
Apr 25, 2021
Florida
The risk/benefit consideration hinges on your age. If you’re 70 or older, probably makes sense (on paper) to get this shot.
There are ZERO studies regarding long-term effects of this rushed-to-market vaccine. I do expect the FDA to expedite approval for most of the vaccines currently under the Emergency Use Authorization, and I expect such approval will be driven more by political expediency than data. Once the FDA rubber-stamps it, the feds will have a field day mandating it across the board. Florida’s governor and legislature has proactively ensured Floridians will not be subjected to these federal (or for that matter, state) diktats.
A personal choice; choose wisely. Reminds me of that scene from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade...

Reactions: Miles and Grunk

Grunk

Spitting out pieces of my broken luck
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
The risk/benefit consideration hinges on your age. If you’re 70 or older, probably makes sense (on paper) to get this shot.
There are ZERO studies regarding long-term effects of this rushed-to-market vaccine. I do expect the FDA to expedite approval for most of the vaccines currently under the Emergency Use Authorization, and I expect such approval will be driven more by political expediency than data. Once the FDA rubber-stamps it, the feds will have a field day mandating it across the board. Florida’s governor and legislature has proactively ensured Floridians will not be subjected to these federal (or for that matter, state) diktats.
A personal choice; choose wisely. Reminds me of that scene from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade...
Suz & I have talked with our doctor (we're really old) but he says with our other chronic health problems & all the meds we're already taking (especially all my wife's autoimmune conditions), that it's a lot of unknown risk. We're in the NO category right now.

dammitgriff

Hunter
Apr 25, 2021
Florida
I work for a company that works for the government. This month (May) marks my 19th year with them. If my employer doesn’t mandate vaccination, Uncle Sam will, because I work directly with service members, face-to-face, definitely within 6 feet of them at times.
My wife and I have begun planning for my resignation or termination from the company. I expect my severance pay will be forfeited. There will be class-action lawsuits over this across all the companies in the industry.
The safety of this vaccine cannot be evaluated until it has been in use for several years, perhaps ten. The government may use legal means to force it upon us in the present, but keep in mind that doesn’t make their legislation any more Constitutional than the lockdowns/shutdowns we have endured over the last year.
This whole Covid thing is not about safety, it’s all about control—of you, through a manufactured crisis. And it’s working. Speaking of shots, America has been shot in the head and doesn’t know it’s dead yet.
Article from my news feed this morning...the COVAX mafia is demanding many more billions to continue distribution of the vaccines around the globe:

“The global COVAX program for developing and distributing coronavirus vaccines is $19 billion short of its $22 billion target this year, according to World Health Organization (WHO) head Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
He said at a briefing that a further $35 billion to $45 billion will be needed next year to ensure that most adults around the world are immunized.
The WTO chief urged G7 nations to fund the global coronavirus recovery, saying the crisis cannot be resolved worldwide if they do not step up. “The G7 countries could mobilize a substantial portion of these funds themselves, and lead a global effort to accelerate Covid-19 vaccination around the world.”

SirSpanksAlot

Frontiersman
Sep 27, 2020
Flowery Branch, GA
People forget that all vaccines are "new and unproven" when they are first released. The medical technology that we have today, is light years ahead of what they had when they created all the vaccines that we received as kids...

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
The govt I don’t think will have to push as hard to force it on us. The private and corporate sectors are already requiring it. Colleges now make students get vaccinated before returning to school ... many business will require to stay employed and I hope it doesn’t hit the construction industry since I’ll have to forfeit and back out as well. What goes in our body should be a personal decision not demanded by govt or your place of business. We have been injected for years with 10-15 different vaccinations now that has been in place for decades but this is experimental till proven and that takes time to resolve. People need to chill out and think about this before jumping in trusting the govt to have our best interest .... yeah not buying that or the cdc since they are being told what to say from the teachers union because they contribute $20mil to Democrats ea yr. that’s corruption

Miles

Tactical Operator
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
The govt I don’t think will have to push as hard to force it on us. The private and corporate sectors are already requiring it. Colleges now make students get vaccinated before returning to school ... many business will require to stay employed and I hope it doesn’t hit the construction industry since I’ll have to forfeit and back out as well. What goes in our body should be a personal decision not demanded by govt or your place of business. We have been injected for years with 10-15 different vaccinations now that has been in place for decades but this is experimental till proven and that takes time to resolve. People need to chill out and think about this before jumping in trusting the govt to have our best interest .... yeah not buying that or the cdc since they are being told what to say from the teachers union because they contribute $20mil to Democrats ea yr. that’s corruption
If there are detrimental results from the WuFlu shot, we will see it in the next year. And we will be screwed as we lose docs.

SirSpanksAlot

Frontiersman
Sep 27, 2020
Flowery Branch, GA

But kids were already forced to get shots before attending public schools...

Everyone is all worked up, simply because this is NEW. We have been getting vaccines and shots all our lives... Most of us never gave it a second thought...

Miles

Tactical Operator
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
But kids were already forced to get shots before attending public schools...

Everyone is all worked up, simply because this is NEW. We have been getting vaccines and shots all our lives... Most of us never gave it a second thought...
Everybody is worked up because it permanently modifies your DNA with insructions for making synthetic protein.
Regular vaccines produce T-cells targeting virus. This one produces protein blocking your ACE-2 receptors, NOT T-Cells. Viris uses ACE-2 receptors to replicate itself. Blocking ACE-2 stops replication. Great idea, except...
ACE-2 regulate blood pressure and free radical scavenging in your body. Some of the blood pressure meds also work by affecting ACE-2. Not a good idea to double up on that.
Synthetic protein is also very close to protein produced during pregnancy. Too much results in miscarriage. Sterilizing generations of women does not seem like a good idea.

SirSpanksAlot

Frontiersman
Sep 27, 2020
Flowery Branch, GA
A good read:

Good morning. Why do so many vaccinated people remain irrationally fearful? Listen to the professor’s story.​
Traffic on the 101 freeway in Los Angeles.Mark Ralston/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images​

A fable for our times​

Guido Calabresi, a federal judge and Yale law professor, invented a little fable that he has been telling law students for more than three decades.​
He tells the students to imagine a god coming forth to offer society a wondrous invention that would improve everyday life in almost every way. It would allow people to spend more time with friends and family, see new places and do jobs they otherwise could not do. But it would also come with a high cost. In exchange for bestowing this invention on society, the god would choose 1,000 young men and women and strike them dead.​
Calabresi then asks: Would you take the deal? Almost invariably, the students say no. The professor then delivers the fable’s lesson: “What’s the difference between this and the automobile?”​
In truth, automobiles kill many more than 1,000 young Americans each year; the total U.S. death toll hovers at about 40,000 annually. We accept this toll, almost unthinkingly, because vehicle crashes have always been part of our lives. We can’t fathom a world without them.​
It’s a classic example of human irrationality about risk. We often underestimate large, chronic dangers, like car crashes or chemical pollution, and fixate on tiny but salient risks, like plane crashes or shark attacks.​
One way for a risk to become salient is for it to be new. That’s a core idea behind Calabresi’s fable. He asks students to consider whether they would accept the cost of vehicle travel if it did not already exist. That they say no underscores the very different ways we treat new risks and enduring ones.​
I have been thinking about the fable recently because of Covid-19. Covid certainly presents a salient risk: It’s a global pandemic that has upended daily life for more than a year. It has changed how we live, where we work, even what we wear on our faces. Covid feels ubiquitous.​
Fortunately, it is also curable. The vaccines have nearly eliminated death, hospitalization and other serious Covid illness among people who have received shots. The vaccines have also radically reduced the chances that people contract even a mild version of Covid or can pass it on to others.​
Yet many vaccinated people continue to obsess over the risks from Covid — because they are so new and salient.​
Visitors riding the swings at Adventureland, in Farmingdale, N.Y., yesterday.Johnny Milano for The New York Times​

‘Psychologically hard’​

To take just one example, major media outlets trumpeted new government data last week showing that 5,800 fully vaccinated Americans had contracted Covid. That may sound like a big number, but it indicates that a vaccinated person’s chances of getting Covid are about one in 11,000. The chances of a getting a version any worse than a common cold are even more remote.​
But they are not zero. And they will not be zero anytime in the foreseeable future. Victory over Covid will not involve its elimination. Victory will instead mean turning it into the sort of danger that plane crashes or shark attacks present — too small to be worth reordering our lives.​
That is what the vaccines do. If you’re vaccinated, Covid presents a minuscule risk to you, and you present a minuscule Covid risk to anyone else. A car trip is a bigger threat, to you and others. About 100 Americans are likely to die in car crashes today. The new federal data suggests that either zero or one vaccinated person will die today from Covid.​
It’s true that experts believe vaccinated people should still sometimes wear a mask, partly because it’s a modest inconvenience that further reduces a tiny risk — and mostly because it contributes to a culture of mask wearing. It is the decent thing to do when most people still aren’t vaccinated. If you’re vaccinated, a mask is more of a symbol of solidarity than anything else.​
Coming to grips with the comforting realities of post-vaccination life is going to take some time for most of us. It’s only natural that so many vaccinated people continue to harbor irrational fears. Yet slowly recognizing that irrationality will be a vital part of overcoming Covid.​
“We’re not going to get to a place of zero risk,” Jennifer Nuzzo, a Johns Hopkins epidemiologist, told me during a virtual Times event last week. “I don’t think that’s the right metric for feeling like things are normal.”​
After Nuzzo made that point, Dr. Ashish Jha of Brown University told us about his own struggle to return to normal. He has been fully vaccinated for almost two months, he said, and only recently decided to meet a vaccinated friend for a drink, unmasked. “It was hard — psychologically hard — for me,” Jha said.​
“There are going to be some challenges to re-acclimating and re-entering,” he added. “But we’ve got to do it.”​
And how did it feel in the end, I asked, to get together with his friend?​
“It was awesome,” Jha said.​

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Trump had the MAGA hat Biden has the COVID mask ... if you get the vaccine and still have to wear the mask what’s the point you are still able to get it or a version of it. Those that got COVID and got well why do they need the vaccine they have new antibodies built up against the virus. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Mr. Goodbar

Savage Hooligan
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Acworth
I work for a company that works for the government. This month (May) marks my 19th year with them. If my employer doesn’t mandate vaccination, Uncle Sam will, because I work directly with service members, face-to-face, definitely within 6 feet of them at times.
My wife and I have begun planning for my resignation or termination from the company. I expect my severance pay will be forfeited. There will be class-action lawsuits over this across all the companies in the industry.
The safety of this vaccine cannot be evaluated until it has been in use for several years, perhaps ten. The government may use legal means to force it upon us in the present, but keep in mind that doesn’t make their legislation any more Constitutional than the lockdowns/shutdowns we have endured over the last year.
This whole Covid thing is not about safety, it’s all about control—of you, through a manufactured crisis. And it’s working. Speaking of shots, America has been shot in the head and doesn’t know it’s dead yet.
Article from my news feed this morning...the COVAX mafia is demanding many more billions to continue distribution of the vaccines around the globe:

“The global COVAX program for developing and distributing coronavirus vaccines is $19 billion short of its $22 billion target this year, according to World Health Organization (WHO) head Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
He said at a briefing that a further $35 billion to $45 billion will be needed next year to ensure that most adults around the world are immunized.
The WTO chief urged G7 nations to fund the global coronavirus recovery, saying the crisis cannot be resolved worldwide if they do not step up. “The G7 countries could mobilize a substantial portion of these funds themselves, and lead a global effort to accelerate Covid-19 vaccination around the world.”
Something high over 50% of active duty marines said they wouldn't take it

Hayata

This Space for Rent
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Something high over 50% of active duty marines said they wouldn't take it

Because it's not officially approved by the FDA as a vaccine. But they sure like to call it a vaccine, don't they? If it was an approved vaccine the military could force its members to take it. But it is NOT an FDA approved vaccine!

The experimental biological agent was granted an EUA - Emergency Use Authorization - by the FDA in an effort to - actually I don't know why it was authorized. I guess in an attempt to prevent the deaths of older folks with co-morbidities. That's all fine well and good, truly. But to recommend a young person of child-bearing age take it - not on your life.

How they can make blanket statements that it is safe and effective is beyond me. Long term effects are unknown.

I am not an anti-vaxxer. My two boys have all the FDA approved vaccines.

The older I get the more I understand how money corrupts. And there was a LOT of money associated with a vaccine for the wu flu. My condolences to all those who lost friends and loved ones to the virus.

Kaotiktribe

Tracker
Jul 5, 2015
Kennesaw
Zip code
My wife(pregnant) got hers recently after we reviewed the risks as best as we could mainly for the baby and not really for her.

My brother and brother in law both doctors got theirs as in conversation they believe the benefit outweighs the risk.

Ill be waiting a while to get one if I ever do........just need more info.

None of us are elderly or obese and i cant even remember the last year i even had a cold.