Continuing Education........training.

American Revival Apparel Company

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
I would guess that the vast majority of us on this site so far are firearms enthusiasts and enjoy exercising our 2nd Amendment right. I'd go far as to say that a large majority of us carry on a regular basis.

Given those two assumptions.......how many of us have continued to train beyond our initial CCW licensing class or since we've obtained our permit.

Let me note that I'm sure nearly everyone goes to the range on a regular basis. Be it 200rds/month or 500rds/week if it is not something you are doing under the guidance of an instructor or at least better and more knowledgeable shooting then it's just practice. I think there is a lot of misunderstanding. Repetitions and refinement of a skill we already posses by throwing more lead downrange is practice. Learning the techniques of a new skills set from an instructor or better and more knowledgeable shooter is training.

Have you become complacent in your skill set and just practice what you know or do you get out and train? If so, where do you train? Local instructors, high end training facilities? Other......?

Ohiobellboy

Frontiersman
Feb 1, 2016
My CCW instructor (whom is also dating my wife's cousin) is retired LEO and we try to get together a couple times a month to work on stuff.

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
I would like to know if within this group some who would be willing to hold group training be it defensive or other type and offer this training at no cost or a nice discounted price.

I am unable to do much physical training due to knee replacement, lung surgery, back injury, but would like to hone what little skills I do have.

This is of course a thought spoken out loud and maybe hoping some good may come out of it.

I am aware Christmass has come and gone, but wouldn't it be nice??

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
The plan still stands pending your availability to make the trip out your way before deployment Chris, it can never hurt to have the extra training

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
I couldn't agree more. I'm attending a 3 day Handgun Class in August and hope to pick up 1 more yet this year. If you aren't training and learning, you've already lost.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
I like to promote the old adage, you never rise to the occasion, but fall to the level of your training.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
[QUOTE="T.L.Jones]I like to promote the old adage, you never rise to the occasion, but fall to the level of your training.

[/QUOTE]
Absolutely true. When the time comes you won't magically turn into a super ninja operator! I fear that too many CCW carriers fail to keep up with the need for training and rest solely on the fact that they have that little card in their wallet.