Competency-based Handgun & Carbine, Nov 17, Aragon GA

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Precision Applications, LLC will be holding a Competency-based Handgun & Carbine Course in Aragon GA on Saturday November 17, 2018.

Class will start at 0700hrs and run until approximately 1700hrs, with a 1 hour break for lunch.

The first half of the day will be Handgun, with Carbine drills after lunch.

This course is unlike the classes we normally offer. Our Competency-based course consists of drills that are timed and scored. Students will be given a copy of all the drills and standards after the course. These drills can be used for practice and to gauge your individual progress over time. The Instructors will show you how to modify the drills to set attainable goals that gradually get more difficult.

The drills will work on such skill sets as drawing/presentations, reloads, use of cover, shooting while moving, multiple threat engagement, weapon transitions, and more.

Students will be given the opportunity to shoot both the Tactical Pistol Course and Tactical Carbine Course for score. Pass either of the courses and you will be awarded a Challenge Coin.

Gear list:
Handgun with holster (revolver or semi-automatic)
Magazines/speedloaders. If your handgun holds 12 or more rounds, a minimum of 2 reloads on your person is recommended. If your handgun holds less than 12 rounds, then 4 reloads are recommended
Pouch for your reloading devices
400rds of handgun ammunition
Carbine with sling
Handgun with holster, minimum 1 spare mag on your person
300 rounds for the carbine
Minimum of 2 carbine magazines on your person for reloads. I recommend at least 8 magazines total for the course.
Eye and ear protection
Hat with a front brim
Plenty of water

Your particular gear is up to you; warbelts, vests, suspenders, etc. Body armor and/or helmets are welcome if you choose to wear them, as are suppressors. Your carbine needs to be sighted in and ready to go, we will not be zeroing.

Dress appropriately for the weather, whatever it will be. Comfortable attire and shoes/boots are a must. Bring plenty of water.

You can leave the range for lunch, but it is recommended that you pack a lunch and stay at the range as the location is a bit remote.

The course is limited to 20 students. Course fee is $200, to be paid in advance. We accept checks, money orders, cash and discrete PayPal (you pay the 3.5% fees). Your spot is not guaranteed until your course fee is received.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Semper Fi!

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I will award a challenge coin to anyone who passes the TPC or TCC, so you could win 2 coins. In the past 10 years or so, I’ve awarded about 6 coins for each course of fire.