Colt Gets a Defense Contract Extension

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
so, they will get to sit back and relax, as they just slowly build rifles for the military!

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Coming outta bankruptcy this should help rebound the company. Help get them back on the up again.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
glad and disappointed at the same time

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I am not a fan of bail outs and being able to continue after bankruptcy. Just doesn't seem the company will ever be able to produce like before.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I am not a fan of bail outs and being able to continue after bankruptcy. Just doesn't seem the company will ever be able to produce like before.
Actually, it will probably improve their operations. The court can basically prioritize & restructure their debt to improve cash flow. I don't agree with bankruptcy in general, but it probably will allow Colt to survive.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Actually, it will probably improve their operations. The court can basically prioritize & restructure their debt to improve cash flow. I don't agree with bankruptcy in general, but it probably will allow Colt to survive.
But if a company goes under because of bankruptcy it is obviously not meant to be. Somebody should have made better business decisions to prevent that from happening. I mean look at it from a general stand point. If I was to claim bankruptcy should the government come bail me out because I made stupid decisions with my money. I mean hookers and blow are not necessarily stupid decisions, but you get the idea. Just how much money should the government fork out to people that have obviously made poor life choices?

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
But if a company goes under because of bankruptcy it is obviously not meant to be. Somebody should have made better business decisions to prevent that from happening. I mean look at it from a general stand point. If I was to claim bankruptcy should the government come bail me out because I made stupid decisions with my money. I mean hookers and blow are not necessarily stupid decisions, but you get the idea. Just how much money should the government fork out to people that have obviously made poor life choices?

If a company goes under, it is due to insolvency. Bankruptcy is the legal process that they use to protect themselves from their creditors. And unfortunately, if you or I made a series of bad decisions that led to insolvency, a bankruptcy bail out is exactly what you could get.

It used to be that people avoided bankruptcy because they would be branded with a Scarlett Letter for years. These days, lenders will turn around and lend them money again within a couple of years.

Reactions: Cudruln

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
It reminds me of some auto company....Chrysler...Dodge...