CMP Talladega Equipment List

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Ok.... For all of those that have made the pilgrimage to the great Talladega CMP Range: What would you do differently on your second trip?

For instance, I understand that you can't bring too much ammo with you. And given the electronic scoring, I feel like a spotting scope is probably unnecessary.

So did you learn on the first trip and would do differently on the second, third, etc. trip?

And.... Go!

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
A few sample topics that came to mind:

Bug spray... there were giant, menacing clouds of gnats... you should bring industrial strength bug spray.

Toilet paper... the stuff in the clubhouse is made from whisps of fairy wings... you should bring industrial strength toilet paper.

Pickled eggs... these are useful for bribing the locals should you need to stop and ask for directions.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Standard stuff like eyes/ears. Mat if you plan to shoot prone. Shooting bipod/bags. Blanket/towel to cover bench. Regular range bag stuff like lube/tools/broken shell extractors.

If you don't have a zero it can be a bit difficult to spot your shots because of the vegetation on the banks so that's when it's good to have a bud spot for you. The RSO's are helpful with this as well.

Chamber flags for all your stuff. They sell 'em there for a buck apiece if you don't want to hot swap every time you put a rifle away.

They usually have water in the water jugs but didn't last week...weird.

Extra ammo.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
On the 22lr the pistol and the 100yd range you can pretty much park the truck 50’ from your lane.
On the 200,300,600yd you have a good bit to carry and down 50 stairs. Can’t remember if the cart path goes down there but a caddie or cart for that one would’ve been nice other than that your regular range bag back up bolt and small pieces and lube. May do quite a bit of shooting. I’ll prolly bring a cooler of water too.