This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Welcome OHGunOwners Members! OHGunOwners has come together with Southeast Traders to build one awesome outdoor and gun trading community. More members, more content, more classifieds and more fun to be experienced. We've made the transition as seamless as possible, so you can use your existing login credentials. If you have any issues, email [email protected] and we will take care of it for you!
    Dismiss Notice

Chest rig.....

Discussion in 'Mindset, Tactical Training and Gear' started by Cudruln, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Herk

Herk Hunter

That I'd change? Not really but there are some very small gripes that I probably ought to throw out here. First, the side-straps were something that I thought could be a good replacement for the cummerbund and that would make the armor faster to don than a cummerbund setup. In reality, the rig was a LOT less stable without the cummerbund and was almost impossible to secure without someone else's help when the straps were used instead of the cummerbund. The easy solution here is to just use the cummerbund but just don't make the mistake that I did and think that you'll be able to "throw over and clip on" the Banshee.

I have an old square-shaped back plate that doesn't really fit in the "shooters' cut" rear pocket and that I wish did but really, I should just buy the more modern shape of plate anyway.

The cummerbund can be pulled out by accident when donning the armor so I would lace some 550 cord through the PALS webbing on the rear to hold it in place. I did this and it took less than two feet of paracord and less than ten minutes of my time. Plus, it kinda looks cool!

Apart from those very minor gripes, I think that the Banshee is of great value and seems well-made. The only other armor carrier that I have relatively extensive experience with is the Interceptor IBA though, so there could very well be some much better options out there that I just don't know about. I know that John Mosby of the Mountain Guerrilla Blog is also a user and proponent of the Banshee, for what that's worth.

Cudruln and AtlMedic like this.
  2. Righter13

Righter13 Student of life
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Check out SKD as well

Cudruln likes this.
  3. Cudruln

Cudruln Cruzn down da skreet
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

So I ended up running across a pretty solid deal on a banshee plate carrier. I will be updating this thread as I spend a little more time playing around with it. So far the quality seems to be real good. I am still trying to get the fit just right, I am playing around with it trying to fine tune the fit. 20171116_190147.jpg

4. Cudruln

Cudruln Cruzn down da skreet
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

When putting on a plate carrier with the cumberbund do you loosen up the pull straps on the sides or undo the Velcro latches on the cumberbund? It seems I am having a difficult time getting it where it feels snug enough without being to restricting.