Chest rig.....

American Revival Apparel Company

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I am starting to toy with the idea of getting a chest rig. What are you running, some qualities to look for/ or stay away from, what brands to stay away from?

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I like the micros Bc they're compact as well and can easily fit into kit bags and or behind a car seat.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I have been looking at the Haley strategic dc3rx
I don't want to carry a ton of mags like some of them allow. The Haley Strategic will let me carry 4 rifle mags, 2 pistol mags, handheld light, multi tool, and has two GP pouches. It's also cheaper than putting together a similar set up from HSGI as well as expandable if I need to.

Reactions: Righter13

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I like the micros Bc they're compact as well and can easily fit into kit bags and or behind a car seat.
The micros are very nice. I had two. I have one to a cop buddy of mine and the other to a buddy who went overseas to do some contracting. The only thing I didn't care for are the double mag pouches.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
The micros are very nice. I had two. I have one to a cop buddy of mine and the other to a buddy who went overseas to do some contracting. The only thing I didn't care for are the double mag pouches.
Yeah, I think the stacked rig is better since the mag punches are individual. Butttt I run a belt so I use rifle mags off the belt first then move chest mags to belt if time permits.

Reactions: AtlMedic
Dec 28, 2016
Tallassee, Alabama
Zip code
I run a SOE .308 micro. With the H-Harness and Hydro carrier it's well balanced even with 4 M1A mags and med kit. It also will hold 6 M4 mags. If you run a .308 / 5.56 combo like me it's worth it weight in gold for one rig that can do both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Yeah, I think the stacked rig is better since the mag punches are individual. Butttt I run a belt so I use rifle mags off the belt first then move chest mags to belt if time permits.
That was my hold up with it. I want to be able to run the chest rig or the belt independent of each other if needed.

The quality of the SOE stuff was top notch but wasn't perfect for how I wanted to use them. I am still trying to figure out a belt set up. I don't have an ass so I have trouble putting too much weight on a belt without it sagging really bad.

My ideal set up is:

belt with holster, IFAK, 2 pistol mags and a rifle mag.

Chest rig with 4 rifle mags, 2 pistol mags, handheld light, multi tool, and secondary medical equipment.

That way if SHTF I can use the belt for immediate needs and toss the chest rig on if needed. I can also remove unnecessary stuff from either for classes if needed.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
That was my hold up with it. I want to be able to run the chest rig or the belt independent of each other if needed.

The quality of the SOE stuff was top notch but wasn't perfect for how I wanted to use them. I am still trying to figure out a belt set up. I don't have an ass so I have trouble putting too much weight on a belt without it sagging really bad.

My ideal set up is:

belt with holster, IFAK, 2 pistol mags and a rifle mag.

Chest rig with 4 rifle mags, 2 pistol mags, handheld light, multi tool, and secondary medical equipment.

That way if SHTF I can use the belt for immediate needs and toss the chest rig on if needed. I can also remove unnecessary stuff from either for classes if needed.
Does the soe chest rig allow you to run the belt individually?

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Micro rig won't, it's designed to carry medical and 4 mags. But I guess you could put pistol mags in one of the AR pouches.
If the redesigned the mag pouches to have a divider and some other form of retention then the flap I think it would be the perfect set up

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Squats buddy...and some walking lunges...fix that problem right up. :)
Tried that, I used to be an avid backpacker with hundreds of miles a year and I mountain bike a ton. My ass stays the same and my beer gut gets bigger or smaller. It's genetics I think. I come from a long line of ass-less men.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Tried that, I used to be an avid backpacker with hundreds of miles a year and I mountain bike a ton. My ass stays the same and my beer gut gets bigger or smaller. It's genetics I think. I come from a long line of ass-less men.
If you weren't building ass when doing squats, you weren't going deep enough.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
I found this TAG minimalist triple AR mag rig in the crap I bough. Pretty neat little set up...