Cherokee Gun & Pawn

Faktory 47

ReservoirDawg10

Weekend Warrior
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Dude, I did not bash a business at all. I was informing the community since many people drive a good distance to go there for that purpose, that CGP no longer offers free transfers and now charges to use the silencer shop kiosk. I never once bashed them. In fact I complimented them many times.
Regardless don’t break the only main rule we have here and discuss civilly without hurling insults.
Ahh. So it's a do as I say, not as I do kinda thing. Gotcha.

dougiemac

Captain
Owner
Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
Ahh. So it's a do as I say, not as I do kinda thing. Gotcha.
I don’t understand why you’re so angry. It’s nothing like that. Show me where I bashed a business. Show me where I was being a dick. I wasn’t. However calling someone a prick because they have a different understanding or philosophy than you is pushing that boundary. Now I know you need to save face, so have the last word if you feel necessary. However keep it civil please. I would appreciate it and so would the community. Thanks.

ReservoirDawg10

Weekend Warrior
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
I don’t understand why you’re so angry. It’s nothing like that. Show me where I bashed a business. Show me where I was being a dick. I wasn’t. However calling someone a prick because they have a different understanding or philosophy than you is pushing that boundary. Now I know you need to save face, so have the last word if you feel necessary. However keep it civil please. I would appreciate it and so would the community. Thanks.
Question. If the donuts had worked and CGP had given you a check to advertise on this site and become a sponsor, would you have posted this thread?

If you would have still posted something to to effect of "FYI folks, CGP is now charging to use the SS Kiosk and for transfers," would you have left out the part of you questioning their business practices and taking your business elsewhere, would you have thought about it twice before posting?

oio

Sniper
Site Supporter
Trusted Trader
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
You are an entitled prick if you expect business a to expend their resources free of charge to assist you in giving your money to business b
I guess then by that logic most people are entitled pricks. Obviously most guns are cheaper online from high volume retailers, but local transfers are still needed for them. Maybe the local store shouldn’t offer transfers from outside purchasers and then this would not be an issue

Kaotiktribe

Tracker
Jul 5, 2015
Kennesaw
Zip code
Not too far from me, but was part of the appeal in going. Ive bought from them and all of my Gunbroker transactions went there.

Dont know of any other gun store that isnt a shit hole. Local to me of course.

Reactions: dougiemac

Allsmiles

Tracker
Site Supporter
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
I will gladly pay a transfer fee instead of driving 2+ hours and burning gas to get a free transfer. Now, LGS wanting $50 for a transfer will be low on my list however.

ReservoirDawg10

Weekend Warrior
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
I guess then by that logic most people are entitled pricks. Obviously most guns are cheaper online from high volume retailers, but local transfers are still needed for them. Maybe the local store shouldn’t offer transfers from outside purchasers and then this would not be an issue
Or, they should just charge a nominal fee...

dougiemac

Captain
Owner
Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
Question. If the donuts had worked and CGP had given you a check to advertise on this site and become a sponsor, would you have posted this thread?

If you would have still posted something to to effect of "FYI folks, CGP is now charging to use the SS Kiosk and for transfers," would you have left out the part of you questioning their business practices and taking your business elsewhere, would you have thought about it twice before posting?
Well Mr. Uninformed, if you want to take this conversation down a different path, let's go. For five years I've asked them to join the site and post some of their inventory for FREE. Not for a check. I wanted to promote a local business and in turn allow them to post their inventory on the site to help build up our classifieds. I'm not salty about it as I continued to use their business and promote them regularly. I will still frequent CGP, but I'll probably use the kiosk and transfers at GA Firing Line since it will save me $25 for each and I need to save the money since I don't make a dime off this site.

As you notice, I don't have any paid advertising on this site. I even removed Google Ads because I didn't agree with their practices. Unfortunately I am about $0.60 away from receiving a check from Google (they pay out in amounts over $100, and I'm at $99 and some change). "But what about the banner ads I see?" Well NSR Tactical and Faktory47 are friends of mine's businesses that I am helping out and in turn they are helping the community out with a discount and promotion. Howard Law... well, Chris Howard (@PewPewPewCo) is a member here and a good friend of mine, as well as my preferred attorney and I advertise him for free as well because I want his business to grow. And as a community member, when someone has success, that success trickles down throughout the community in some form and fashion. So your question is based in incorrectly on assumptions and thus moot.

I went back and edited my post so it won't hurt your feelings, offend you or whatever it did to make you so upset. Are we good now?

Reactions: georgia357

dougiemac

Captain
Owner
Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
I will gladly pay a transfer fee instead of driving 2+ hours and burning gas to get a free transfer. Now, LGS wanting $50 for a transfer will be low on my list however.
I agree... I have the good fortune of having a number of LGS surrounding my neighborhood, all equal distant give or take, so when one is more competitive than another, it makes the decision a little easier as long as they are not shady or unfriendly.

oio

Sniper
Site Supporter
Trusted Trader
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Or, they should just charge a nominal fee...
If a local store offers transfers (whether for free or $25/$50/$100) then it’s on them to have the inventory and the same price the customer expects, otherwise the customer decides it’s only worth using them for transfers.
Nobody is forced to use them. And they’re not pricks if they choose not to

ReservoirDawg10

Weekend Warrior
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
If a local store offers transfers (whether for free or $25/$50/$100) then it’s on them to have the inventory and the same price the customer expects, otherwise the customer decides it’s only worth using them for transfers.
Agree with 90%. The prick portion comes from the entitlement some have, and it isn't just here, that they should be expending their resources to assist you in supporting another business that is in competition with their own. That's insane! In what other industries do we have this expectation?

The business can choose to price their stuff how they want. The consumer can choose to spend their money where they want. My issue comes in right where the entitlement comes into play that if they are charging for a transfer, I am going to create thread to, at best, question their business practices where the OP knows that it has a chance to take further sales this business.

oio

Sniper
Site Supporter
Trusted Trader
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Agree with 90%. The prick portion comes from the entitlement some have, and it isn't just here, that they should be expending their resources to assist you in supporting another business that is in competition with their own. That's insane! In what other industries do we have this expectation?

The business can choose to price their stuff how they want. The consumer can choose to spend their money where they want. My issue comes in right where the entitlement comes into play that if they are charging for a transfer, I am going to create thread to, at best, question their business practices where the OP knows that it has a chance to take further sales this business.
I don’t see who is implying that or how you came to that conclusion

ReservoirDawg10

Weekend Warrior
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Well Mr. Uninformed, if you want to take this conversation down a different path, let's go. For five years I've asked them to join the site and post some of their inventory for FREE. Not for a check. I wanted to promote a local business and in turn allow them to post their inventory on the site to help build up our classifieds. I'm not salty about it as I continued to use their business and promote them regularly. I will still frequent CGP, but I'll probably use the kiosk and transfers at GA Firing Line since it will save me $25 for each and I need to save the money since I don't make a dime off this site.

As you notice, I don't have any paid advertising on this site. I even removed Google Ads because I didn't agree with their practices. Unfortunately I am about $0.60 away from receiving a check from Google (they pay out in amounts over $100, and I'm at $99 and some change). "But what about the banner ads I see?" Well NSR Tactical and Faktory47 are friends of mine's businesses that I am helping out and in turn they are helping the community out with a discount and promotion. Howard Law... well, Chris Howard (@PewPewPewCo) is a member here and a good friend of mine, as well as my preferred attorney and I advertise him for free as well because I want his business to grow. And as a community member, when someone has success, that success trickles down throughout the community in some form and fashion. So your question is based in incorrectly on assumptions and thus moot.

I went back and edited my post so it won't hurt your feelings, offend you or whatever it did to make you so upset. Are we good now?
Thanks for clearing some of that up!

Especially the google ads - that got insane.

I hope you make money. You should! That's the great thing here in America, even though it is under constant bombardment.

Grunk

Spitting out pieces of my broken luck
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code

Yeah, the loss leader of free transfers only works if, once you get someone in the door, you have stuff they want to buy.

And if you're doing so many free transfers that it's seriously raising your costs without other sales increasing, that should be a sure sign to the owner that he doesn't have a good read on what his local market is.

I'm all for supporting local businesses, but the business has to correctly read what the local market is. If customers want 1911s but you're not stocking them & telling them Glocks are a much better choice then free transfers won't help your business.

dougiemac

Captain
Owner
Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
Thanks for clearing some of that up!

Especially the google ads - that got insane.

I hope you make money. You should! That's the great thing here in America, even though it is under constant bombardment.
My number one goal is to grow the 2A and Outdoor community and provide a place that information can be shared without tyrannical censorship.

ReservoirDawg10

Weekend Warrior
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
My number one goal is to grow the 2A and Outdoor community and provide a place that information can be shared without tyrannical censorship.
That's good. And that's why I come here (to SET).

But you were out of line with calling out CGP how you did and for the reasons you used.

dougiemac

Captain
Owner
Site Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
That's good. And that's why I come here (to SET).

But you were out of line with calling out CGP how you did and for the reasons you used.
I disagree. I believe you were out of line by taking something and making it more than what it was and then calling members pricks. Of which you have yet to apologize for.

btw... You could've left that last sentence off and we could've walked away agreeing to disagree.

ReservoirDawg10

Weekend Warrior
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
I disagree. I believe you were out of line by taking something and making it more than what it was and then calling members pricks. Of which you have yet to apologize for.

btw... You could've left that last sentence off and we could've walked away agreeing to disagree.
Lol. Ok bud