Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
How many of your wives concealed carry? And what do they carry? We had a little... experience..... with some gypsies today. Now my wife is wanting her own carry gun. (She technically has two, I just kinda stole them for myself) What do you suggest? I will say this, she HATES revolvers. I already tried that road. Guess I'll have to find another excuse to get an LCRx 3. :pout:

So auto loaders are preferred. She doesn't have anywhere near as much trigger time as she honestly needs, so it needs to be light on recoil. Reliability is a must. I have a G42. She hates my G26, and she loves my G19. What do I need to get for my new range t.... I mean HER new CCW. :whistle:
I debated on the Performance Center Shield 9mm. The ports should cut down on the recoil for her and I think she'll enjoy the other upgrades.

shootin4fun

Veritas Aequitas
Sep 1, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
My wife has tried all the single stacks before the G43 came out. She sticks with her XDS 9 and her Bodyguard. Depends on the day and the purse.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
She doesn't want to carry the G19. She's worried it's too big to conceal. She carries a small purse and is pretty small in size herself. I'm honestly joking about using her as an excuse to just get a new range toy. I want her to get what she wants so she'll actually carry the thing. Unfortunately taking her to a gun store is a no go. She WILL NOT hold a gun at the store. (She says the sales person is always judging her... don't ask cause I don't know....) I have tried that so many times. Just flat out won't do it.

@BosanaCZ I worry that a p938 would be too many things for her to remember under stress. Trust me, I've looked at that add of yours probably 20 times already. Unfortunately I can't trade my G19 off and I don't have a Walther. All I could offer is a stainless FNS which has the G19 length barrel/slide and a 17 round capacity, or my G26. You can PM me if either tickle your fancy.

So I heard a couple people mention the shield, are your wives happy with them? I'm SERIOUSLY contemplating the ported performance center 9mm. The volume has never bothered her, so it being loud would be ok. Reduced recoil is a definite plus. How's the reliability and accuracy you're getting?

Reactions: Shane usry
May 2, 2017
Plant city, Fl
Zip code
My wife has a sig p238. This gun is tiny! Yet fits my big paw quite nicely. I carry a Springfield xd mod 2 sub. Is a tad fatter... But just a tad. Both have a real nice recoil impulse but i feel the performance shield with the lighter slide would have a snapier recoil. But that's just what I've heard. Never shot it so take that as is. Look into the sig p238...

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
@Rwjeter

I love my shield and the wife wants one of her own as well.

Two issues with getting a performance center model:

It's ported and I wouldn't want to shoot it from retention.

Fiber optic sights crack and shouldn't be on a carry gun. I have some of the Wilson combat fiber optic sights and they cracked the first time I took them through a class.

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
She doesn't want to carry the G19. She's worried it's too big to conceal. She carries a small purse and is pretty small in size herself. I'm honestly joking about using her as an excuse to just get a new range toy. I want her to get what she wants so she'll actually carry the thing. Unfortunately taking her to a gun store is a no go. She WILL NOT hold a gun at the store. (She says the sales person is always judging her... don't ask cause I don't know....) I have tried that so many times. Just flat out won't do it.

@BosanaCZ I worry that a p938 would be too many things for her to remember under stress. Trust me, I've looked at that add of yours probably 20 times already. Unfortunately I can't trade my G19 off and I don't have a Walther. All I could offer is a stainless FNS which has the G19 length barrel/slide and a 17 round capacity, or my G26. You can PM me if either tickle your fancy.

So I heard a couple people mention the shield, are your wives happy with them? I'm SERIOUSLY contemplating the ported performance center 9mm. The volume has never bothered her, so it being loud would be ok. Reduced recoil is a definite plus. How's the reliability and accuracy you're getting?
So take her to a range and let her try out all the rentals. Trust me it will be much better if she picks it.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
My wife has a sig p238. This gun is tiny! Yet fits my big paw quite nicely. I carry a Springfield xd mod 2 sub. Is a tad fatter... But just a tad. Both have a real nice recoil impulse but i feel the performance shield with the lighter slide would have a snapier recoil. But that's just what I've heard. Never shot it so take that as is. Look into the sig p238...

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Phenomenal guns, but I don't see how having a 1911 style gun which needs to be carried condition one is the best option for a ladies purse. Seems kinda unsafe actually. So she's either got it cocked and locked rolling around in her purse with keys and tubes of lipstick(amongst 100 lady related items) or she has to rack the slide after she pulls it out.

Maybe I'm overlooking something, but I just don't see that being a great option.