Mac11FA

Facilitator
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I have been shopping around for a new vehicle and after trying to get a cash deal with a dealership decided to give Carvana a go. I currently drive a 2012 Hyundai Elantra which I have decided to sell to my son at a deep discount for his wife.

I am looking at 2 and 4 door vehicles from various manufacturers and after some back and forth on what I wanted, have decided on an 2016 Audi A3T premium. The car has 22k on it and have documented service records and was not a rental or fleet vehicle. Yeah, I know, no one likes Audi.

I like this vehicle for its styling, options and performance. It will be my daily driver for a whopping 8 mile one way commute to work. We have the new RAV4 for long trips and such and my wife only drives 1 to 2 times a week around here.

To the original subject. The experience thus far has been pretty good. About the main hurdle I had was getting the downpayment funds verified with them because my bank was not part of the PLAID systems that they use to verify electronically. Despite the commercials, you cannot use a credit card as I offered several options to do this. I actually got an extension from Friday night to Monday to complete 3 way call with my bank to verify funds.

My original delivery date was 1/10/2019. I was talking with a coworker who said that I could use him for a referral and get an additional $500 taken off the purchase price. I called that evening and after a short hold was told they would still honor it. Cool.

Thursday (morning of delivery day) I had a voicemail from a rep starting that the back window was damaged during transport and delivery was being delayed 2 weeks ago that they could get the glass replaced. No big deal, I can wait. So far I am happy with the experience.

Deal changer for me was the selling price with tax and tag and nothing else! I qualified for free shipping to my door as well, which living within a 50 mile radius of Atlants does is cool. Name a dealer that won't charge extra for that! Also, no bullshit $699 to $799 document fees! Whatever those cover. I have 7 days to try out ththe car and if for ANY reason I am not happy, I can return for full refund no questions asked.

Obviously I have not taken possession of the car yet. I will report further after I have had a chance to kick the tires as they say.

Attachments

Mac11FA

Facilitator
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
you didn't want to go get it out of the vending machine yourself?
No. Not gonna fight Atlanta traffic there and back just to pick it up when they deliver to my driveway. If I return it, I will take it to Atlanta as I dont think they will pick it up for free.

Mac11FA

Facilitator
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I know some folks who’ve used carvana. All say good things
The reviews are good. There are a couple of people whom have bad experiences. I have talked to 3 people personally and they had a positive experience. So far, they have gone above and beyond for me.

jodyisaacs

Scout
Dec 31, 2018
US
Bought my wife's car from them. Great price. Great service. Curbside delivery. No complaints. I recommended them to anyone that would listen.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mac11FA

Mac11FA

Facilitator
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Bought my wife's car from them. Great price. Great service. Curbside delivery. No complaints. I recommended them to anyone that would listen.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
If you allow them to use you as a referral, they will get $500 off the purchase price and you get a little bonus as well. They simply have to give your name and the vehicle you bought. Nothing else.

Jake

All gun laws are an infringement!
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
I like Audi's. I was actually looking at an S4 a while back. I know several people who have used Carvana and they all have had great experiences. My sister and her husband have sold 2 cars to Carvana too and not even bought one from them. Carvana actually offered them more than CarMax or my own uncles dealership offered them for both of their trade-ins.

Reactions: Mac11FA

Liberty

Sniper
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I like Audi's. I was actually looking at an S4 a while back. I know several people who have used Carvana and they all have had great experiences. My sister and her husband have sold 2 cars to Carvana too and not even bought one from them. Carvana actually offered them more than CarMax or my own uncles dealership offered them for both of their trade-ins.
Carmax will always lowball you on trades.

Reactions: Grunk