Canyon Coolers

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
The biggest thing with any cooler is keeping it iced down. Leave a little bit of water in the bottom and ice it daily. If you go a couple days without use, ice it the day before or put it in the deep freezer to get the cool down process going.
I agree. Cooling down the plastic first goes a long way to making the ice last longer.

I was really thinking about this for the up coming camping trip... I'd like to have some non-canned food for Saturday or Sunday, but I'm also not going to spend serious coin on a cooler for that.

And you can buy ice for $2 a bag within 300 yards of the parking lot at the state park.

Reactions: Cudruln

lesptr

Sniper
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Strange that I’ve never heard of this brand, and there was a thread about them started on another forum a few days ago. It seems yeti has another competitor. I like my orca, but 12oz bottles have to be horizontal to close the lid. I’ll check out canyon next time I’m in the market.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Strange that I’ve never heard of this brand, and there was a thread about them started on another forum a few days ago. It seems yeti has another competitor. I like my orca, but 12oz bottles have to be horizontal to close the lid. I’ll check out canyon next time I’m in the market.
I hadn't either. After I started researching coolers though, I saw a lot on them. All you ever hear about is Orca, Yeti, or Grizzly. But maybe Canyon will bring some more competition. Especially for the price. And I like the straight forward marketing of labeling their 35 quart coolers as, "35." That's crazy Yeti gets away with their "45" only being 37. But then again, bro's gonna pay what Yeti say, or he'll go straight to bro hell and have to turn in his stickers and white framed Costas. Anyway, it's out for delivery. I might have been wrong about the made in USA part though. I read somewhere they were made in Taiwan and insulated in Alabama with the exception of their largest coolers. I'll check when I get home.

Mac11FA

Facilitator
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Why such a odd color selection though?
I was thinking the same thing. My guess is that they are buying blended poly beads to make it so that is the color it ends up being. I would have to paint it white to help reflect the sun if it were going to bin the bed of a truck all day.

Reactions: Cudruln