Canyon Coolers

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Had to get a cooler for my service truck so I can keep some waters. I had an Igloo and Coleman on trucks in the past. They just annoyed me. I'd get ice in the morning and it would be almost gone by the end of the day. I decided this time I'd pony up for a "Premium Cooler" this time. I didn't want a Yeti, preferred made in America, wanted something that would hold ice for more than 3 days, it needed to be capable of abuse from riding around in the bed of my truck everyday, and I wanted a good warranty. After some research I came upon Canyon Coolers of Flagstaff Arizona. They offer a full lifetime, transferable, no hassle, no fault Warranty. They are made in America. Their Outfitter 35 (which is the one I ordered) has a true 35 quart capacity. The Yeti 45 has a 37 quart capacity..... Let that sink in Yeti Bros..... They are also holding ice better than many (if not all) of their competitors in all the reviews I've found. One reviewer said it still had ice on day 7. Yeti, Orca, Grizzly, etc, not so much. Plus, they're running a Father's day special. 15% off. I bought mine this morning for $169 with free shipping. Needless to say, I'm stoked. I'll update when I get out with thoughts and performance. It should be perfect for tailgating, BBQing, carrying water for the job, and camping.

DDBD3044-5A8F-4FCE-988A-11CE127C1688.jpeg

Laufen

Ammosexual
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I never thought I'd see the day people were paying $2 a bottle for water, let alone $170 for a cooler.

Reactions: Kobayashi and Grunk

Rwjeter

Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I never thought I'd see the day people were paying $2 a bottle for water, let alone $170 for a cooler.
Says the guy who sells $4000 scopes.....

Quality and performance come with a price. I'm willing to pay for it when it comes to something I'll use a minimum 5 days a week and usually 6 or 7.

EugenFJR

Army SDM
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Powder Springs, Hiram
Zip code
Had to get a cooler for my service truck so I can keep some waters. I had an Igloo and Coleman on trucks in the past. They just annoyed me. I'd get ice in the morning and it would be almost gone by the end of the day. I decided this time I'd pony up for a "Premium Cooler" this time. I didn't want a Yeti, preferred made in America, wanted something that would hold ice for more than 3 days, it needed to be capable of abuse from riding around in the bed of my truck everyday, and I wanted a good warranty. After some research I came upon Canyon Coolers of Flagstaff Arizona. They offer a full lifetime, transferable, no hassle, no fault Warranty. They are made in America. Their Outfitter 35 (which is the one I ordered) has a true 35 quart capacity. The Yeti 45 has a 37 quart capacity..... Let that sink in Yeti Bros..... They are also holding ice better than many (if not all) of their competitors in all the reviews I've found. One reviewer said it still had ice on day 7. Yeti, Orca, Grizzly, etc, not so much. Plus, they're running a Father's day special. 15% off. I bought mine this morning for $169 with free shipping. Needless to say, I'm stoked. I'll update when I get out with thoughts and performance. It should be perfect for tailgating, BBQing, carrying water for the job, and camping.

View attachment 51425
It's not that bad of a price point, for a premium cooler. In for a range report when you have had it for a few weeks. I'd be curious to see how it holds ice in the Georgia heat.

Hayata

This Space for Rent
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
From what I've read the key is to fill them all the way up to the top to get maximum performance. No empty head space.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
It's not that bad of a price point, for a premium cooler. In for a range report when you have had it for a few weeks. I'd be curious to see how it holds ice in the Georgia heat.
I've already got a tracking number. FedEx has it here the 6/13. I would've rather it been UPS, but whatever. If it's free, it's for me. I'll let you know.

Rwjeter

Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Yeti is the best thing that ever happened to igloo and Coleman. I bet they never would have imagined they’d be selling the crap out of $150+ “budget” coolers.
They got complacent with their offerings. Meh, it'll keep your sandwich cool till lunch. People buy it. Why do more?

Reactions: dial1911

Cudruln

Turning pennies into dollars.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
The biggest thing with any cooler is keeping it iced down. Leave a little bit of water in the bottom and ice it daily. If you go a couple days without use, ice it the day before or put it in the deep freezer to get the cool down process going.

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
The biggest thing with any cooler is keeping it iced down. Leave a little bit of water in the bottom and ice it daily. If you go a couple days without use, ice it the day before or put it in the deep freezer to get the cool down process going.
I agree. Cooling down the plastic first goes a long way to making the ice last longer.

I was really thinking about this for the up coming camping trip... I'd like to have some non-canned food for Saturday or Sunday, but I'm also not going to spend serious coin on a cooler for that.

And you can buy ice for $2 a bag within 300 yards of the parking lot at the state park.

Reactions: Cudruln

lesptr

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Strange that I’ve never heard of this brand, and there was a thread about them started on another forum a few days ago. It seems yeti has another competitor. I like my orca, but 12oz bottles have to be horizontal to close the lid. I’ll check out canyon next time I’m in the market.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Strange that I’ve never heard of this brand, and there was a thread about them started on another forum a few days ago. It seems yeti has another competitor. I like my orca, but 12oz bottles have to be horizontal to close the lid. I’ll check out canyon next time I’m in the market.
I hadn't either. After I started researching coolers though, I saw a lot on them. All you ever hear about is Orca, Yeti, or Grizzly. But maybe Canyon will bring some more competition. Especially for the price. And I like the straight forward marketing of labeling their 35 quart coolers as, "35." That's crazy Yeti gets away with their "45" only being 37. But then again, bro's gonna pay what Yeti say, or he'll go straight to bro hell and have to turn in his stickers and white framed Costas. Anyway, it's out for delivery. I might have been wrong about the made in USA part though. I read somewhere they were made in Taiwan and insulated in Alabama with the exception of their largest coolers. I'll check when I get home.

Mac11FA

Gunoholic
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Why such a odd color selection though?
I was thinking the same thing. My guess is that they are buying blended poly beads to make it so that is the color it ends up being. I would have to paint it white to help reflect the sun if it were going to bin the bed of a truck all day.

Reactions: Cudruln