Can We Make Border Security a Public Health Issue Now?

erkinator

AV Trunk Monkey
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Must be a coincidence because the great laufen declared vaccines safe. If they are so safe why is there a vaccine injury fund that has paid out billions?

When my son was born I talked openly to his Dr and I asked how many cases of the measles were caused by the vaccine, His answer, all of them

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Super Moderator
Mar 14, 2016
I couldn't bear to read all of this, but this is an important topic with much misinformation so I thought I'd weigh in.

First, I immediately discount anything someone says if they mention autism in a vaccine discussion, because it means they have done very little research from reliable sources. They clearly got their information from non-scientific anti-vax sources. It is not even a discussion anymore about a link between vaccines and autism. The doctor who put forth that theory lost his license for falsifying his study. It has been shown over and over and no one in the medical community who has engaged in the research currently considers that a valid claim. VACCINES DO NOT CAUSE AUTISM.

And further, mandating vaccines for preventable diseases IS something we should require as a society. This is not an issue of the government leaving you alone and that it hurts no one but myself. Anyone who thinks that knows very little about vaccination. The benefit for a vaccination to an individual is a minute part of the picture. Vaccines work by creating "herd immunity". Study herd immunity and get back to me on whether or not this is all about an individual's choice or a societal issue.

Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I couldn't bear to read all of this, but this is an important topic with much misinformation so I thought I'd weigh in.

First, I immediately discount anything someone says if they mention autism in a vaccine discussion, because it means they have done very little research from reliable sources. They clearly got their information from non-scientific anti-vax sources. It is not even a discussion anymore about a link between vaccines and autism. The doctor who put forth that theory lost his license for falsifying his study. It has been shown over and over and no one in the medical community who has engaged in the research currently considers that a valid claim. VACCINES DO NOT CAUSE AUTISM.

And further, mandating vaccines for preventable diseases IS something we should require as a society. This is not an issue of the government leaving you alone and that it hurts no one but myself. Anyone who thinks that knows very little about vaccination. The benefit for a vaccination to an individual is a minute part of the picture. Vaccines work by creating "herd immunity". Study herd immunity and get back to me on whether or not this is all about an individual's choice or a societal issue.
^Government shill that wants your kids to be gay and autistic so they will be guaranteed to vote democrat. There are many documentaries by people with online degrees that tell about this type of person in detail. Watch them with an open mind while drunk and you'll be sure to come around.

erkinator

AV Trunk Monkey
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

just remember mother nature in itself is creative,look at the overuse of antibiotics and now we have resistant strains. Think about this,they do not want you to know that vaccines cause issues.Think Agent orange, the burning of the chemicals and ordinance over in Iraq. Ask the vets who are sick. My brother in law included. They will not link things because they then will have to pay.

Unless I need it, I will let the body heal itself. If I have to get the Flu,so be it. Its rare that I do. I am the choice of ,its my body. I will put in it what I want. Thats all I have to say about that. I understand medicine has done wonders and has cured many things. Its a balance.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Super Moderator
Mar 14, 2016
I respect people's rights to do what they want with their body. But once you jeopardize others it's a problem for me. Herd immunity is a real thing. Not only does it protect us as a whole from diseases running rampant (herd immunity even exists in nature without vaccines so it is in fact natures way of protecting society), but it very specifically helps those who are too old, young, or weak to be vaccinated. And if my child has to encounter deadly and preventable diseases since she is too young to be vaccinated, just because a large group (and growing larger and larger) decides they want to follow some forged study claiming false risks of vaccination, then it does become my problem and I will do all I can to protect my child from the ignorance of others.

erkinator

AV Trunk Monkey
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I think to some degree you are right. But the groups that I am afraid of are not American born,its the undocumented illegal immigration groups

karlvv

Stupid Ass
Site Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
It's awful nice of our super mod zenas to show up and tell us mouth breathers how stupid we are. I didn't know it was that time of the month. See you next month oh great one.

erkinator

AV Trunk Monkey
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Oh , one other point to the herd mentality,the weak and old get eaten in the animal kingdom,just sayin

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Super Moderator
Mar 14, 2016
It's awful nice of our super mod zenas to show up and tell us mouth breathers how stupid we are. I didn't know it was that time of the month. See you next month oh great one.
Any time.

I call em like I see em. On a topic as significant as increasing the likelihood of widespread disease, I'll gladly weigh in. I'm happy to give leeway on people whose thinking is limited to anecdotal evidence and falsified reports on most subjects. I won't say a thing. But when your broken way of thinking threatens me and my family's safety, I'm going to speak up. If you don't like it, get some actual evidence your position is right. "I never got a flu shot and I haven't got the flu" is not evidence. "Look at how much we hear about autism these days when before vaccines we never really did" is also not evidence. You don't want me to weigh in? Come with something better.

karlvv

Stupid Ass
Site Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Any time.

I call em like I see em. On a topic as significant as increasing the likelihood of widespread disease, I'll gladly weigh in. I'm happy to give leeway on people whose thinking is limited to anecdotal evidence and falsified reports on most subjects. I won't say a thing. But when your broken way of thinking threatens me and my family's safety, I'm going to speak up. If you don't like it, get some actual evidence your position is right. "I never got a flu shot and I haven't got the flu" is not evidence. "Look at how much we hear about autism these days when before vaccines we never really did" is also not evidence. You don't want me to weigh in? Come with something better.
There he is. I love how lawyers talk down politely at least. Im not an antivaxxer btw. I think it is a subject that should be able to be talked about though. Talking about vaccines is worse than talking about religion now.