Can We Make Border Security a Public Health Issue Now?

Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I don't see any "public health" issue. I really don't see it as an issue at all beyond Trump wanting to show his brain dead minions that he "kept his stupid promise", and moronic democrats being against anything Trump wants.

That's the only real public crisis the border is causing...idiots fighting over ideological bullshit that makes no fucking difference whatsoever.

Public health issues? Let's stop subsidizing sugar production. Let's stop making it more difficult for people to defend themselves from violent attacks.

Grunk

If I could, I'd avoid me too.
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
I don't see any "public health" issue. I really don't see it as an issue at all beyond Trump wanting to show his brain dead minions that he "kept his stupid promise", and moronic democrats being against anything Trump wants.

That's the only real public crisis the border is causing...idiots fighting over ideological bullshit that makes no fucking difference whatsoever.

Public health issues? Let's stop subsidizing sugar production. Let's stop making it more difficult for people to defend themselves from violent attacks.
That's why I said border security and not "wall". I think we need better border security starting with clearer and better immigration laws, some type of guest worker plan that includes keeping up with where they are and a lot of other stuff. I could care less about a physical barrier. And bringing in infectious diseases might be a non-racist angle to address immigration.

Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
That's why I said border security and not "wall". I think we need better border security starting with clearer and better immigration laws, some type of guest worker plan that includes keeping up with where they are and a lot of other stuff. I could care less about a physical barrier. And bringing in infectious diseases might be a non-racist angle to address immigration.
Shit, we screw ourselves via the anti-vaxxer issue more than we ever have problems with any diseases brought across the border. If that's the angle, we'd just have to shut down all international airports.

Grunk

Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
Shit, we screw ourselves via the anti-vaxxer issue more than we ever have problems with any diseases brought across the border. If that's the angle, we'd just have to shut down all international airports.
Oh, I agree with you. The anti-vaxxers freak me out. I'm just hoping to find an angle to get movement on immigration reform and secure borders, which I believe to be true time bombs for the country. I know these few cases of mumps are not a "public health crisis" but are perhaps a way to change the direction away from the current junior high pissing contest. hell, maybe it will scare some of the anti-vaxxers into wanting immigration reform.

Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Oh, I agree with you. The anti-vaxxers freak me out. I'm just hoping to find an angle to get movement on immigration reform and secure borders, which I believe to be true time bombs for the country. I know these few cases of mumps are not a "public health crisis" but are perhaps a way to change the direction away from the current junior high pissing contest. hell, maybe it will scare some of the anti-vaxxers into wanting immigration reform.
I don't even think it's a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Just like terrorism, the issue is political and how much money can be secured and spread around to prevent something that's caused fewer deaths in the last 20 years than tv's falling off of walls and vending machines tipping over on people.

Grunk

Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
Probably because their rejection of science is causing measles outbreaks that are threatening lives. In 2019 we shouldn't even fucking be talking about measles for fucks sake.
This exactly.