Camo for Hunting in GA

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

dougiemac

Captain
Owner
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Zip code
What do I need to wear when hunting in GA?

Planning on going out for:

Deer & Squirrel this year
I always put on a blaze orange vest and hat when bullets are flying. However it's only required for hunting deer, bear and feral hog with a rifle.

"A hunter, and anyone accompanying the hunter, must wear as an outer garment at least 500 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange above the waist (which may include a head covering) when hunting: deer during the primitive weapons or firearms deer season."

Reactions: T_Max

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I always put on a blaze orange vest and hat when bullets are flying. However it's only required for hunting deer, bear and feral hog with a rifle.

"A hunter, and anyone accompanying the hunter, must wear as an outer garment at least 500 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange above the waist (which may include a head covering) when hunting: deer during the primitive weapons or firearms deer season."
I really want to hunt feral hogs some day. Seems like a very worthwhile activity

Reactions: dougiemac and T_Max

T_Max

Master of the Meat
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA
I really want to hunt feral hogs some day. Seems like a very worthwhile activity
i love shooting them and yotes , but skinning a hog in nasty and they are full of parasites. the kind humans can get from them. its much better to shoot hogs and then shoot the yotes that try to feed on them, any hog over 150 pounds aint worth eating

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
i love shooting them and yotes , but skinning a hog in nasty and they are full of parasites. the kind humans can get from them. its much better to shoot hogs and then shoot the yotes that try to feed on them, any hog over 150 pounds aint worth eating
Yeah, I didn’t really want to eat ‘em either.

Using em as a bait for other critters to gnaw on sounds about perfect!!

Laufen

Ammosexual
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Flecktarn is good now, in the fall and winter it's tough to beat NatGear.

TRS

Tracker
Jun 16, 2021
South of the gnat line
Agree, they are very similar to vegitarians, except the veggo's smell worse if you but shoot them.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Hahaha, good times. That was at the ODT meet over in Douglasville(?) by the lake?

Yep.

Sweetwater Creek - man, did you have any of Bill's bbq that he brought? It was great.

From what I understand those shelters get reserved WAY in advance these days but it was the perfect spot for a M&G.

Jake

Майлз - единственный, кто может прочитать это
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Woodstock/Acworth
Zip code
Yep.

Sweetwater Creek - man, did you have any of Bill's bbq that he brought? It was great.

From what I understand those shelters get reserved WAY in advance these days but it was the perfect spot for a M&G.

That was way too long ago, lol. I'm pretty sure I did though. I was drunk the night before and kept drinking that whole day.

Allsmiles

Tracker
Site Supporter
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
Pattern is not that important as mine has never been matched. My only requirements are scent lock and water proof. Nothing worse than sitting in a wet tree stand with a cold, wet ass. You won't hunt long and you attention will be somewhere else. Scent lock suit because the wind doesn't always blow the same direction and any help with a deer's nose is a plus.