American Revival Apparel Company

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Say a trust was for sale with 7 SBRs, 1 SBS, and 4 or 5 cans. Would anyone ever consider buying something like that?

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Can you do that? I'd imagine you add the new trustee and then remove the original one? What does the big bad ATF say about that?

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I should imagine that it wouldn't be all that cheap and fairly pain stating to get it switched over. But it would be something to consider for the right buyer.

Reactions: BangBang

BangBang

Apprentice to master AR builder Greg Vess
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code
The odds of finding somebody that wants exactly what’s on the trust and wants it all are probably pretty low unless it’s just a crazy stupid cheap price.

Reactions: Grunk and Liberty

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
That's gotta be I'm really hurtin sale!
A fire sale situation!
That or the owner passed away. If that is the case, I am sure there is an expert involved and the price will be high. Since none of the guns has a giggle switch, should be under 5 grand.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
That's ~$2,600 in tax stamps alone, not to mention the cost of the guns/suppressors themselves. I'd say on the cheap end that's about at least $10k worth of shit between stamps and guns/suppressors. If it were a good enough deal I'm sure people would be interested but your market would be limited for buyers with that kind of cash just sitting around to spend on an NFA collection like that all at one time.

Reactions: Slacker1972

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
That's ~$2,600 in tax stamps alone, not to mention the cost of the guns/suppressors themselves. I'd say on the cheap end that's about at least $10k worth of shit between stamps and guns/suppressors. If it were a good enough deal I'm sure people would be interested but your market would be limited for buyers with that kind of cash just sitting around to spend on an NFA collection like that all at one time.
And don't forget lawyer fees. Changing ownership of a trust is legally complex even when it doesn't involve ATF stuff. I can't imagine the ATF guys will make it any simpler.

Reactions: Cudruln and Jake

Jcountry

Frontiersman
Mar 30, 2015
Georgia
My understanding is that you can’t really remove the primary from the trust. I think there is some kind of lookback involved. Saw an article or video clip on it.

Even if you add your name and remove all the others, there is some sneaky way that you are tied to the primary.

Could cause personal liability problems if they get sued for some unrelated reason.

Last edited: