Burris FastFire 3 opinions

American Revival Apparel Company

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
anyone have experience with the FastFire 3? I'm thinking about getting one for my .22 pistol. The price is right and it fits my other criteria (auto shut off, top load battery).

It would be used for target shooting and maybe carrying around the farm from time to time.

Anyone have a good reason to not get one?

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
They are fine for your use. Personally, I prefer the Vortex Venom over the FF3. Better dot clarity, feels tougher to me. Auto shut off and top load battery as well.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
They are fine for your use. Personally, I prefer the Vortex Venom over the FF3. Better dot clarity, feels tougher to me. Auto shut off and top load battery as well.
I looked at that one too. The Burris is cheaper which is why I'm leaning toward it. I do like the Vortex too. When the time comes to buy if I can get a Vortex for not much more I would go that route.

BackWoods

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Temple
Zip code
Not a bad sight at all for the $. I've shot one before. Just handled a Venom. I think it's a preference and features thing between those two. Haven't heard people say bad things on either. If someone would make one in the price range of these two but be as slim as an RMR I'd buy 5.

Reactions: AtlMedic

Frogman

Brony
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
The on/off button is a bit fidly and hard to hit right other than that it's pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShinobiOfLegends

More than meets the eye
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 2, 2015
Acworth, GA
Zip code
I've got 2 FF3s that I've had for several years. One sits on a Camp9 and the other on an AR. No problems with either and they've been shuffled around several different platforms. Both of mine are the 3 MOA versions and the dot is plenty bright for outdoor use. Crazy lightweight. Battery life is awesome. The sight adjustment screws are sturdy and hold zero, even after repeated re-zeros from being shuffled around.

My only real complaint is the on/off/mode switch. First the switch is awkward to press and with the sunshade on or on the AR mount, impossible to operate. Second, it doesn't have a memory feature for last brightness level. So, you have to cycle thru the brightness to desired level every time you turn it on. Third, the auto-brightness is worthless.

Excellent plinking optic. But due to my dislike of the on/off/mode, it'd never be something I'd want to trust my life with.

I picked up a Venom a few weeks ago but haven't shot with it enough to reach any sort of conclusion on it.

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Have one on an at pistol and love it with a mid riser. I turned it on and left it bc the button MAY be slightly wonky with gloves or cold fingers. Checked it after 4 months and it's still glowing fine. No issues with shift, not bad to zero...so for the money I believe it was a good buy.
PS. Mine was "clearance" through some random site and I only gave $129.99. Gtg for that price.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I've got 2 FF3s that I've had for several years. One sits on a Camp9 and the other on an AR. No problems with either and they've been shuffled around several different platforms. Both of mine are the 3 MOA versions and the dot is plenty bright for outdoor use. Crazy lightweight. Battery life is awesome. The sight adjustment screws are sturdy and hold zero, even after repeated re-zeros from being shuffled around.

My only real complaint is the on/off/mode switch. First the switch is awkward to press and with the sunshade on or on the AR mount, impossible to operate. Second, it doesn't have a memory feature for last brightness level. So, you have to cycle thru the brightness to desired level every time you turn it on. Third, the auto-brightness is worthless.

Excellent plinking optic. But due to my dislike of the on/off/mode, it'd never be something I'd want to trust my life with.

I picked up a Venom a few weeks ago but haven't shot with it enough to reach any sort of conclusion on it.

Yeah this would not be for any sort of serious use. At most I would turn it on before I walk around the farm.

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
What the others said. Good little optic. Plenty reliable for having fun. Good selection of mounts too.

Just not so great with the on off switch