Faktory 47

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
The "wall" is a colossal waste of money, and would be ineffective. There are better and cheaper ways to monitor the border and reduce illegal crossings in 2018.

As far as guns go, what did you expect from someone that waffles based on the amount of applause he gets, and has switched parties eight times? You don't really believe anything that comes blasting out of his mouth hole do you? The left should be cheering him on, fuck he'd do whatever they wanted if they cheered loudly enough.

Agree about Trump - disagree about the wall. The wall may or may not be the most effective deterrent. (the elimination of ability to work, go to school, obtain DL would have a bigger effect, IMHO)

But the wall is symbolic. If we are to determine our country's, our culture future - it doesn't hurt to make a bold statement to that effect as well. Unfortunately, symbolism is about all we're gonna get.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Agree about Trump - disagree about the wall. The wall may or may not be the most effective deterrent. (the elimination of ability to work, go to school, obtain DL would have a bigger effect, IMHO)

But the wall is symbolic. If we are to determine our country's, our culture future - it doesn't hurt to make a bold statement to that effect as well. Unfortunately, symbolism is about all we're gonna get.
If we're talking about symbolism, I'm more inclined to go with the Statue of Liberty over a piecemeal, fucked up wall. We welcome anyone that wants to come and work, live peacefully, and enjoy the freedom and liberties that everyone should have. Do it legally, and you're gtg. That's the kind of symbolism America represents and that our Constitution guarantees.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
If we're talking about symbolism, I'm more inclined to go with the Statue of Liberty over a piecemeal, fucked up wall. We welcome anyone that wants to come and work, live peacefully, and enjoy the freedom and liberties that everyone should have. Do it legally, and you're gtg. That's the kind of symbolism America represents and that our Constitution guarantees.

That sounds nice, but there's a reason there were quotas and requirements for entrance. Open borders result in the what you see in Europe today. In spite of popular opinion, it's OK to want to preserve your culture, and hang on to the society our predecessors gave us.

It is not mean, hateful, selfish to expect other cultures to take matters in hand and create a better country. Europe and the United States have been the greatest, most advanced places on earth. Why should the descendants of the people that built them hand over the keys to people that not only aren't cleaning up their own shithole country, but are importing their problems to us?

Reactions: georgia357

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
That sounds nice, but there's a reason there were quotas and requirements for entrance. Open borders result in the what you see in Europe today. In spite of popular opinion, it's OK to want to preserve your culture, and hang on to the society our predecessors gave us.

It is not mean, hateful, selfish to expect other cultures to take matters in hand and create a better country. Europe and the United States have been the greatest, most advanced places on earth. Why should the descendants of the people that built them hand over the keys to people that not only aren't cleaning up their own shithole country, but are importing their problems to us?
I'm not proposing an "open border" just a cheaper and more effective way to monitor it.

FWIW, the founding fathers and their descendants didn't clean up their shithole countries, they came to the US and all but exterminated the people living there. So there's that.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
I know I'm just pissing in the wind but I'm getting really angry. Went to the NRA website to see what they are saying about the bump stock ban other than being disappointed that there was no amnesty for those that already own them. No articles at all that I could find on the new federal regulations and certainly no admission that they were wrong in calling for more regulations. I sent this email to them.

"I am very angry to see the NRA claim to be "disappointed that the new bump stock regulations provide no "amnesty" for those who already own them after the NRA called for more regulations of devices that increase the rate of fire of semi-automatic rifles. What did you think was going to happen? An amnesty for those that already owned them is not a difference that would make a difference. The NRA should have made the argument that "shall not be infringed" is more important than the latest hysteria driving people who want to completely ban guns. My membership expires in 2020 and I am currently on the fence about renewal. If the NRA isn't going to fight hard for every inch of ground I would prefer to fund someone who will with my limited funds."

I'll post any response I get. As I've said before, I think the NRA would have lost the argument anyway, but I'm getting more and more pissed that they didn't even try. I know some of you have felt this way about them for a while. I'm not sure where I stand with them yet. Still trying to work that out. Thanks for letting me rant.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
No grandfathering based on its classified as a "machine gun", and this because they were manufactured after 1986!

Trigger Ban is coming! There is going to have to be a redefinition of "machine gun"!

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Well, finally got a response from the NRA. A copy of a statement they released Friday 12/21. Basically saying they only asked for the ATF to review bump stock regulations but didn't support the ban.

FROM THE NRA:

This week, the Department of Justice announced that it would soon be releasing a final rule classifying “bump-stock-type-devices” as “machineguns” under the National Firearms Act.

These devices came to national attention in October 2017 after the horrific attack in Las Vegas. As multiple media accounts correctly pointed to at the time, there was overwhelming legislative support for proposals that went far beyond these specific devices and some that could have potentially jeopardized all semiautomatic firearms. Rather than sit back and watch a legislative over-reaction, the NRA asked Congress to let ATF review its prior determinations on bump fire stocks.

Some have used our October 2017 statement to claim that NRA supports ATF’s final rule, but as NRA-ILA’s Executive Director Chris Cox noted only days after our statement was issued, “We don’t believe that bans have ever worked on anything.”

We also made this clear in our comments to ATF on the proposed rule earlier this year. In our comments, we further advised that ATF should at a minimum make an amnesty period available to deal with the fundamental inequity imposed on law-abiding gun owners who purchased their bump fire stocks in good faith reliance on prior ATF determinations. We continue to pursue the availability of a period of amnesty with the administration.

While there can be disagreement on legislative strategy, it’s important to remember that we will soon face a hostile, anti-gun Congress led by Nancy Pelosi. It’s critical that all gun owners unite and prevent the Bloomberg-bought Congress from dismantling our Second Amendment freedom.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Well, the Firearms Policy Foundation is still pushing their lawsuit. This piece contains a link to all the court filings if anyone cares to read them. Still no response from the NRA to my question of whether they would file their own lawsuit or join this one or the one GOA has filed. Evidently, Sen. Feinstein was recently whining about the GOA lawsuit having the potential to keep the bumpstock ban tied up in the courts for years.

https://www.firearmsfoundation.org/...4fiVZyodKRfRNkrI0Blk5xEvKBcYWx-x9h-wSLjFeVW8Q

Reactions: Laufen

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Got a renewal in the mail from the NRA. I will call them, and advise that when their bump stock ban suit is filed I will renew.
That's a good idea. I'm sure I'll get at least one renewal notice in 2019 ( :whistle: ) before my 2020 expiration. I think I'll call them each time and tell them the same.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
That's a good idea. I'm sure I'll get at least one renewal notice in 2019 ( :whistle: ) before my 2020 expiration. I think I'll call them each time and tell them the same.
Shit, you'll probably get two renewal notices before 2018 is up that your 2020 expiration is coming up.

Yes, I know what today is.... Two is still my guess.

And they always deflect, redirect, and scare.

We don't believe in.... Gun owners must pay, I mean, unite..... Hostile Nancy Pelosi Congress....

Don't just eat a dick NRA, choke on the mother fucker.

Reactions: Grunk