Body armor.

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
It is getting harder and harder to find companies that will sell quality body armor to civilians.

I finally completed my order for some TYR tactical Protech plates today. The protech plates are the only plates that will fit this TYR plate carrier I have.

Seems like companies are getting away from the civilian market altogether.

It really annoys me that these companies are siding with the liberals when it comes to allowing civilians to protect themselves.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
It is getting harder and harder to find companies that will sell quality body armor to civilians.

I finally completed my order for some TYR tactical Protech plates today. The protech plates are the only plates that will fit this TYR plate carrier I have.

It really annoys me that these companies are siding with the liberals when it comes to allowing civilians to protect themselves.
Are they the only company you've found that sells to civilians?

Bypass

Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Are they the only company you've found that sells to civilians?
Tyr makes plate carriers. Real quality stuff and Protech plates are the only plates that will fit their carrier.

Most companies now require law enforcement credentials to purchase their body armor.

TruPrep

Hunter
Apr 27, 2016
Marietta GA, 30062
truprep.com
Zip code

We carry a full line of Body Armor and Plate Carriers. Anyone from AR500 - Force One and Steel, Ceramic and Poly plates. Lvl III - Lvl IV

*Edit* We DO sell to civilians.

Reactions: Wallace
Guys, for the record, as someone who's been in the business for years..... it is, in fact, getting easier for civilians to purchase body armor. When I first started in the business over ten years ago, there was not a single manufacturer that would sell to civilians. In part, it was not a market they felt was lucrative as well as the risks involved. I worked for one of those manufacturers. Fast forward to a few years ago when companies like Condor, AR500 Armor, and Spartan Armor started up mainly to sell to civilians. Plus the interest from law abiding citizens is growing whereas ten years ago most folks didn't think of adding body armor to their SHTF bag.

So be happy that your opportunities to buy body armor are growing. TruSpec is a great resource. I can assist with more specialized needs such as tactical or concealable body armor. All available to law-abiding citizens.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Guys, for the record, as someone who's been in the business for years..... it is, in fact, getting easier for civilians to purchase body armor. When I first started in the business over ten years ago, there was not a single manufacturer that would sell to civilians. In part, it was not a market they felt was lucrative as well as the risks involved. I worked for one of those manufacturers. Fast forward to a few years ago when companies like Condor, AR500 Armor, and Spartan Armor started up mainly to sell to civilians. Plus the interest from law abiding citizens is growing whereas ten years ago most folks didn't think of adding body armor to their SHTF bag.

So be happy that your opportunities to buy body armor are growing. TruSpec is a great resource. I can assist with more specialized needs such as tactical or concealable body armor. All available to law-abiding citizens.

Since your here, what do you recommend for a good general purpose set up? As in, wear in classes, SHTF, home defense, etc.... For the average joe that can't afford to spend a ton and won't be going to combat with it?

Reactions: KGmade

TruPrep

Hunter
Apr 27, 2016
Marietta GA, 30062
truprep.com
Zip code

Did you say truspec and mean truprep! Dang it Warren.

Bypass

Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Sorry people don't live on the forum. Like I said, if its made - we can order it. I special order armor if its (available) on the market everyday.
Right on. I wish I had known that a couple of days ago. I got the front plate from Galls which will be here tomorrow and the back plate from cop quest with a 60 day wait.

What is your price on ProTech Tactical Multi-curve Level III Stand Alone Rifle Plate?

TruPrep

Hunter
Apr 27, 2016
Marietta GA, 30062
truprep.com
Zip code
Right on. I wish I had known that a couple of days ago. I got the front plate from Galls which will be here tomorrow and the back plate from cop quest with a 60 day wait.

What is your price on ProTech Tactical Multi-curve Level III Stand Alone Rifle Plate?

Since you are here and monitoring this Warren - what would be our price (i woulda just called him anyway)

Bypass

Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
I just got this email from one of the places I was purchasing one of my plates from. So I need one of the plates I linked in post 17 if you guys can get it for me.

Dana Brody <d.brody@copquest.com>
To

Today at 3:49 PM

Thank you for your patience. This item is an estimated 45 to 60 day turnaround time. I have changed the shipping option on your order to UPS Ground (free shipping). While there was a preauthorization on your credit card when the order was placed, we do not actually charge the card until the order ships. Please note, this item is a restricted item for Law Enforcement or Military Personnel only. As a result, we do need to have the attached form completed and returned. Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything further.

Dana Brody

CopQuest, Inc., Quality Public Safety Products

365 Camino Carillo | Camarillo, CA 93012

805.388.0707 x111 | Fax: 805.388.0771 | d.brody@CopQuest.com

open

Reply Reply to All Forward More

To
Dana Brody
Today at 4:29 PM
Cancel the order. I was military but I have no interest dealing with a company who won't sell body armor of all things to civilians. I guess we aren't allowed to defend ourselves from armed men.

Reactions: AtlMedic

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I can understand a company putting LE and MIL contracts first since those are the sales that keep the lights on, but to refuse to sell to civilians tells me they think they are better than the average person. I'd bet that their employees still get to own their plates as civilians.

Reactions: Bypass and TruPrep