BLADE SHOW 2019 Ticket Sale is LIVE!

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
@Jake .... forgot about this earlier (I was kind of in a run to get through my list of people/places), but it really seemed like Freeman was in a bad mood or something. I didn't hold it against him, but I didn't really want to buy anything there after talking to him.

Probably nothing, but I still thought it was odd. I did end up buying the White River Firecraft instead of his leather sheathed fixed blade. Both were equally nice, but the White River did feel slightly better to me.

Jake

AKA "Scooter"
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
@Jake .... forgot about this earlier (I was kind of in a run to get through my list of people/places), but it really seemed like Freeman was in a bad mood or something. I didn't hold it against him, but I didn't really want to buy anything there after talking to him.

Probably nothing, but I still thought it was odd. I did end up buying the White River Firecraft instead of his leather sheathed fixed blade. Both were equally nice, but the White River did feel slightly better to me.
Yeah, I noticed that too. He told me several times on IG that he'd have the 451 BLF Mini's there but didn't bring any. He didn't have any 3.5" or 6.5" fixed blades either. Idk what his deal was. I stuck around and talked to him for 45 minutes last year. This year I don't even think I was there for 5 minutes.

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
Yeah, I noticed that too. He told me several times on IG that he'd have the 451 BLF Mini's there but didn't bring any. He didn't have any 3.5" or 6.5" fixed blades either. Idk what his deal was. I stuck around and talked to him for 45 minutes last year. This year I don't even think I was there for 5 minutes.

Ok- sounds like it wasn't just me. It wasn't like the table was crowded, hell- we were the only ones there at the time.

I noticed that their table was still full when I left. I don't wish them any ill will, and hopefully the show goes well for them... but based on this morning, I didn't want to buy anything.

Jake

AKA "Scooter"
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
Ok- sounds like it wasn't just me. It wasn't like the table was crowded, hell- we were the only ones there at the time.

I noticed that their table was still full when I left. I don't wish them any ill will, and hopefully the show goes well for them... but based on this morning, I didn't want to buy anything.
He specifically told me 3 different times(one of which was just a few days ago) that he would have the mini 451 BLF and he didn't show up with any of them. He didn't really have a wide variety of anything other than the regular BLF, 5" fixed blades and those field knives with the nice leather sheaths. If you look on his website he has a bunch of other models. Maybe that's just what sells well at Blade? I don't know. I was kinda wanting to check out a 6.5" Chopper though as that was going to be my next purchase.