This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Best pressured fishing lake/pond setups?

Discussion in 'Fishing & Boating Talk' started by UnknownTerritory, Jun 4, 2017.

1. UnknownTerritory

I often times fish heavily pressured places. Of course I love to use power lures like crankbaits to chatterbaits. But most of the time they don't cut it. I try to finesse to but it seems like the fish see it to much. I'm just curious what's a favorite setup for a heavily pressured place that you fish? Thanks in advance! Just wanna see others to compare!

karlvv likes this.
  2. karlvv

karlvv Russian Hacker
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter

I haven't fished in a few years but when I did I liked to use live bait in those areas.

UnknownTerritory likes this.
  3. Mac11FA

Mac11FA Stamp collector
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

Sometimes a top water lure or popper works. I like the small floating frogs. Cast them close to the bank like they jumped in and work em like they are swimming. I also have a 7 weight fly rod and will set up with a bumble bee popper. You can work the popper easy or hard.

It also helps to fish on off days like during the week when few people are out. If all else fails, live crickets or grasshoppers for pan fish will fair better than worms and minnows for bass. Fishing live bait is more difficult because it is tougher to find the fish.

Trolling is okay as long as you have the time and set up. My grandfather would always take us out at dusk and dawn trolling on lake Lanier. A floating but diving lure is best. We would have two rods set up with different lure types at different diving characteristics. The nice thing about floating lures is that you can slow to a stop and cast with other rod/bait setups without worrying about your trolling rigs sinking and getting hung up.

Hope this helps.

UnknownTerritory likes this.
  4. erkinator

erkinator AV Monkey

Man, I have not fished in a long time. When I did, love real baits,castnetting for shad, worms, minnows. Never seem to fail.

dial1911 and UnknownTerritory like this.
  5. Jake

Jake Actually, you know what, fuck that Jeter guy.
    Super Moderator Trusted Trader

Bass are smart and they will stop striking the same style lures in high pressure areas. It seems that most people like the crankbaits and the chatterbaits(me included) which work well, but in high pressure areas lose their appeal to the bass over time. I like to keep an assortment of colors, sizes and shapes. Pressured bass are more likely to strike a smaller lure in my experience too. I like to use a multi jointed swim bait in high pressure areas, something that looks more like the bass' natural food source.

6. ~ZENAS~

~ZENAS~ Tracker
    Super Moderator

I have a medium sized pond full of largemouth bass and bluegill. We fish it just about every day, so the fish aren't easy to catch. I've found just switching up your bait regularly is necessary. One day they will bite a crankbait, other days they will only bite a spinnerbait. Some days they want plastic worms, and other days I can only get bites on live bait. So just keep switching lures until you find the one they want that day. As for bluegill, there is never a day they won't bite live bait, but some days I can get them to bite artificial stuff. We usually just stick with small worms we dig up in the field and we can catch them all day long.

7. Mac11FA

Mac11FA Stamp collector

A Carolina rig works well also as people don't fish plastic worms much any more.

Dynamite works great!

Laufen likes this.