Best Home Protection Handguns?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

JJTwat

Hunter
Feb 5, 2016
What is everyones thoughts for your home protection handgun? Do you guys just use your EDC weapon or are you using other things to protect your home

Ohiobellboy

Frontiersman
Feb 1, 2016
I"m limited to handguns at the moment. I really don't see myself buying any long guns as I don't hunt. I use a Glock 23 for my EDC. It sits close to me at night along with the wife's xD 9mm. Both fully loaded with SDA.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
Anything that starts with Shot and ends with Gun hahahahahaha! although I am quite partial to my G19 that stays very close to me and my wife's S&W .38 that she keeps I still like to have old trusty close by just in case View attachment 377

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
I keep a G42 in the bedroom for the wife when I'm gone. My G19 is right there every night with me. Was never a fan of long guns for home defense. Too unweildly for me. Lots of corners to clear in a house. Add to that a shotguns pattern isn't big enough to reduce the need to aim over a handgun at those close ranges...and I'll take my Glock every time.

D

David

It really depends on the layout of your house and a few other things. Nothing makes someone shit their pants faster than hearing the sound of a shotgun getting ready to unload so that could give you a psychological advantage over your intruder. However, I keep a full size handgun next to my bed in the drawer. (Note: I do not have any kids at my house ever). So you'll want to keep a few things in mind for your gun.

1. Make sure it fits your hand comfortably.

2. Make sure it has a light, or you have a bright flash light nearby to use with it.

3. Make sure you aren't going to over penetrate through walls into other rooms, especially if you have children/Know what your backdrop is.

4. Make sure your gun is safely stored for your living arrangement, but can quickly be accessed in case you need it.

Theres a bunch of other factors that can go in to defending your castle but those are pretty basic stuff there.

Last edited: