Best Camera for landscape photography?

Nordsfdw

Scout
May 14, 2019
Somerville
I am new to photography and looking for an affordable camera for Landscape and travel photography but don't know where to start. I've looked at the Canon EOS Rebel SL3 and the Fujifilm X-E3 and both seem good. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
McDonough, Georgia
Zip code
I am new to photography and looking for an affordable camera for Landscape and travel photography but don't know where to start. I've looked at the Canon EOS Rebel SL3 and the Fujifilm X-E3 and both seem good. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Pros and cons to both, but Personally, I'd go with the DSLR for lens flexibility if you want to add on later down the road, also has a hot shoe to add on a good flash for indoor photography (the included pop-up flash works for abut 8 feet, anything over that and you'll want to add a full flash unit to the hot shoe). I'd look for a package deal with a standard 18-55 lens along with a 75-300 to cover the basics.

Really depends on what your end use will be, if not making large prints/posters/advertising media, you don't need ultra high megapixels, if not shooting long distance at night, you won't need big telephoto lenses with lower F stops, etc, etc

For beginner level, the Canon rebel will be fine, downside to SLRs is size and lugging around a bag with extra lenses, flash, etc.

I've always been a Nikon fanboy as they tend to stay ahead of the tech curve more, but you end up paying for it. Cannon has come a long way, so any of the lower level platforms will do more than you need until you get into the advanced stuff.

ETA: I see the XE3 is also mirrorless, thought it was a compact; but for me it would come down to lenses, price & F stops, so you may want to compare those. You'll also need the aux flash for the fuji where you do get a small onboard flash with the EOS.

If weight is a factor, the choice is clear ;) aside from that, you've chosen 2 pretty equal models to compare, it will really come down to the little stuff now.

Last edited:

Matt Ellerbee

Lawnmower man
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Canton
Zip code
I have a canon elan 7 with separate flash, a few lenses and other accessories I’d let go. All in a lowepro backpack.

SPrada

Hunter
Oct 20, 2017
California
Zip code
Thanks
Canon EOS Rebel SL3 and the Fujifilm X-E3 both are good for landscape photography. But in my opinion and also as per this review https://shinyloot.com/best-affordable-cameras-for-landscape-photography/, go for the Canon Powershot SX730 HS. It's much better the Rebel SL3 and the Fujifilm X-E3

Last edited: