Beretta vs Sig Sauer | Which One Do You Choose?? (VIDEO)

GA Firing Line

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
Ok so I thought it would be a fun conversation starter to do a Beretta vs Sig Video. Both are excellent, proven and widely used pistols but in a way they are pretty different.

Check out the video and let me know which one you would choose!

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Sig. They just feel like they're made for my hand. Too, I must agree with you on the controls. I've never been a big fan of slide mounted safety/decocker. The Sig's just makes sense to me.

Reactions: NolansMindset

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
That's a hard one for me, Beretta's and SIG's are my 2 favorite DA/SA's. I carry a SIG on duty and a Beretta off-duty. I usually run a SIG when I teach pistol classes and a Beretta as my secondary weapon when teaching carbine/shotgun courses.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
If you eliminate the decocking lever issue, the controls would be equal.

I am not a big fan of a decocking lever however if I were recommending a 1st time user a gun, it would be the Beretta as being on the slide it is more visible. Also, learning to count your rounds (especially important in a gunfight) would keep you from racking the slide during a mag change.

The Beretta does lack serrations on the slide so grasping near the decocking lever is almost natural. If Beretta had put forward serrations just behind ejection port it would probably lessen chance of actuating safety/decocking lever.

Besides, the Beretta doesn't come in the soul killing .45ACP so naturally my choice would be Sig!

Just my $0.02

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
If you eliminate the decocking lever issue, the controls would be equal.

I am not a big fan of a decocking lever however if I were recommending a 1st time user a gun, it would be the Beretta as being on the slide it is more visible. Also, learning to count your rounds (especially important in a gunfight) would keep you from racking the slide during a mag change.

The Beretta does lack serrations on the slide so grasping near the decocking lever is almost natural. If Beretta had put forward serrations just behind ejection port it would probably lessen chance of actuating safety/decocking lever.

Besides, the Beretta doesn't come in the soul killing .45ACP so naturally my choice would be Sig!

Just my $0.02
Forward serrations on an M9 seems like it would get your hand burned if you didn't pay any attention. Practice malfunction drills, grab for forward serrations, get a hand full of hot barrel.

Waterguy

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
North Georgia
Zip code
The sig has an accessory rail for a momentary on off light. That makes it a better choice for hd over the M9 IMHO.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
The sig has an accessory rail for a momentary on off light. That makes it a better choice for hd over the M9 IMHO.
M9A3 has a light rail as well. Old Sigs didn't have one. I see that as a wash.

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
i'd take the Beretta with a the safety in the right spot

arsenal-0304-5.jpg

Reactions: Jake

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Counting rounds in an actual gunfight? LOL

If you're counting rounds, you ain't paying attention to the right concern. I've been in a few gunfights and a shooting, talked to lots of LEO's, civilians, and military that have been in both. Never met anyone that could count rounds accurately in a gunfight.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
i'd take the Beretta with a the safety in the right spot

arsenal-0304-5.jpg

I love the PT-92. I'd take one over a Beretta...well, except for the Wilson Combat 92G Brigadier Tactical.

Reactions: cbh13

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Can't I just have both? I'm weird. I like the rail mounted safety/decocker. Never given me an issue. They were put there for the reason of switching off the safety easily when going for the gun in a holster. I have and love both Sigs and Beretta's. My only complaint about the Beretta is the long reset.