Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code

Herk

Frontiersman
Mar 16, 2017
Colorado
Zip code
I can't really see how they could make this work: there's got to be a LOT of AR pistols out there, so are they all just going to be insta-felonies if this passes? Or are we G2G as long as we remove the brace from the "pistol" (i.e.: AR pistols are still legal but can't have a brace)? I see the former situation being so ridiculously iron-fisted that everyone just embraces owning a completely illegal thing, thus eroding respect for the law (this is the best case scenario, IMO), while the latter is just a slightly tougher version of the "you can have a pistol brace but not touch it to your shoulder" thing we had a few years back. This will result in people just continuing to use their AR pistols as they currently do but they won't take pics or post vids of their activities.

Keep in mind that bump stocks are now as illegal as unregistered machine guns. Was even one bump stock surrendered?

Grunk

Spitting out pieces of my broken luck
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
Just to add to the conversation:

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code

Well, well, well.... definitions and laws do matter to some people.

Reactions: Grunk

Laufen

Ammosexual
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I can't really see how they could make this work: there's got to be a LOT of AR pistols out there, so are they all just going to be insta-felonies if this passes? Or are we G2G as long as we remove the brace from the "pistol" (i.e.: AR pistols are still legal but can't have a brace)? I see the former situation being so ridiculously iron-fisted that everyone just embraces owning a completely illegal thing, thus eroding respect for the law (this is the best case scenario, IMO), while the latter is just a slightly tougher version of the "you can have a pistol brace but not touch it to your shoulder" thing we had a few years back. This will result in people just continuing to use their AR pistols as they currently do but they won't take pics or post vids of their activities.

Keep in mind that bump stocks are now as illegal as unregistered machine guns. Was even one bump stock surrendered?
They don't care about individuals or making people instant felons. If it's law, it's up to you to obey or suffer the consequences. They don't factor in compassion or common sense....hell, the 2A into any of their decisions.

Herk

Frontiersman
Mar 16, 2017
Colorado
Zip code
They don't care about individuals or making people instant felons. If it's law, it's up to you to obey or suffer the consequences. They don't factor in compassion or common sense....hell, the 2A into any of their decisions.
Agreed, however....

The first rule of leadership is "never give an order that you know won't be obeyed." Like the order to not touch a pistol brace to your shoulder, an order to turn in your bump stock or pistol brace would be widely (if not universally) defied. "They" don't care about our rights but "they" do care about our obedience; it would be counter-productive for them to lead us to a place where we feel comfortable and righteous in committing acts of defiance and I'm having difficulty imagining how they'd go after pistol braces without doing that.

Reactions: dial1911

Hoss

The Second Coming
Super Moderator
drunk
Administrator
Site Supporter
Trusted Trader
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 11, 2019
Monticello
Zip code

So he was mentally fit to stand trial for buying a firearm while not being me tally fit? Got it.

• Haha

Red Dawn

Wolverine
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Don’t think they will stop at braces ... ARs and AKs especially less than 16” and semi auto anything then mags over 10 this prolly gonna get sideways real soon if they start interpreting the law to fit their agenda.

On another note RNC rep came by the house we talked a bit on the senate race here in GA. Dems are gonna try to get out of town era to vote here even tho they had nothing to do with the cause of the runoff ... how’s that even possible but it is 2020