BCG Color Coating

American Revival Apparel Company

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
my opinion is that a standard bcm or other quality bcg fits the bill unless you’re going for a certain look.

i do own one or two nib or non-phosphate bcgs because i got them at a good price.

i came close to buying one of the cryptic coatings several years back but ultimately balked at the price.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
my opinion is that a standard bcm or other quality bcg fits the bill unless you’re going for a certain look.

i do own one or two nib or non-phosphate bcgs because i got them at a good price.

i came close to buying one of the cryptic coatings several years back but ultimately balked at the price.

Am going for a look! The cryptic is insane $.$$!!

Reactions: Laufen

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Reactions: chance

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I bought a ZT knife that was titanium coated in DLC (diamond like carbon)... not a scratch on it after lots of carrying around. The finish is pretty darn amazing.
A couple of the PVD coatings suck, like blue and rainbow, but the DLC and TIN hold up extremely well. I had a pistol barrel done in TIN like 3 or 4 years ago with several thousand rounds shot since then and it still looks perfect

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
A couple of the PVD coatings suck, like blue and rainbow, but the DLC and TIN hold up extremely well. I had a pistol barrel done in TIN like 3 or 4 years ago with several thousand rounds shot since then and it still looks perfect

Nice- That's good to know. If I could find a place to do DLC on some of my other knives, I'd strip the factory coating off and have the metal done in DLC.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I’ve got a couple of 1911’s and a couple of Rem870 bolts done in DLC. Very hard, long lasting finish. Attractive, smooth, satiny black.

I use Sionics NP3-plated BCG’s in both my primary carbines. It’s a silver gray, but that ain’t why I got them. They clean up much easier than a standard BCG. The carbines I have them in cycle smoother than they did with the original BCG’s but are no more reliable as the guns were perfectly reliable before. As NP3 wears it releases more Teflon that is imbedded in the finish. A buddy of mine has a P226 and Beretta 92G, both coated in NP3. He claims that he doesn’t ever lube them.