This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

BCG Color Coating

Discussion in 'Firearms Talk' started by SouthernSlammed, Jul 10, 2018.

1. dial1911

dial1911 Pro Grade Canine Copulator
    Trusted Trader

I bought a ZT knife that was titanium coated in DLC (diamond like carbon)... not a scratch on it after lots of carrying around. The finish is pretty darn amazing.

chance likes this.
  2. chance

chance Marksman
    Trusted Trader

A couple of the PVD coatings suck, like blue and rainbow, but the DLC and TIN hold up extremely well. I had a pistol barrel done in TIN like 3 or 4 years ago with several thousand rounds shot since then and it still looks perfect

Snfirearms and dial1911 like this.
  3. dial1911

dial1911 Pro Grade Canine Copulator
    Trusted Trader

Nice- That's good to know. If I could find a place to do DLC on some of my other knives, I'd strip the factory coating off and have the metal done in DLC.

4. FatAlbert

FatAlbert Sniper
    Trusted Trader

I haven't. I imagine the contact points would wear off pretty fast but the rest of the BCG should hold up for a long time.

SouthernSlammed likes this.
  5. cmshoot

cmshoot Marksman

I’ve got a couple of 1911’s and a couple of Rem870 bolts done in DLC. Very hard, long lasting finish. Attractive, smooth, satiny black.

I use Sionics NP3-plated BCG’s in both my primary carbines. It’s a silver gray, but that ain’t why I got them. They clean up much easier than a standard BCG. The carbines I have them in cycle smoother than they did with the original BCG’s but are no more reliable as the guns were perfectly reliable before. As NP3 wears it releases more Teflon that is imbedded in the finish. A buddy of mine has a P226 and Beretta 92G, both coated in NP3. He claims that he doesn’t ever lube them.

dial1911 and SouthernSlammed like this.