Battle belts

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
anyone here use a battle belt?

I have been planning on getting something to hold mags and medical stuff. It would be for training classes and SHTF at worst.

I have been thinking of either a blue alpha gear double belt or a HSGI slim grip belt. They are slightly different styles I know.

All t would really hold is two pistol mags, a single rifle mag, IFAK, holster, and maybe a handheld light or multi tool.

So any advice from those that use a belt set up?

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I use a TYR Tactical. I think they call it the gunfighter. It’s a slim profile belt with 2 rows of molle on it

Reactions: AtlMedic

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I agree. The only reason I’m considering the hsgi is that I can toss it on quickly over any clothes or belt. But I like how low profile the blue alpha belt is.
Why not shoot them an email and let them know what you are looking for. Never know, they might have something in the works or an over run from a special project. Even if they dont, and they see inquiries about a certain product, they may make it down the road

Reactions: AtlMedic

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Why not shoot them an email and let them know what you are looking for. Never know, they might have something in the works or an over run from a special project. Even if they dont, and they see inquiries about a certain product, they may make it down the road

I may do that. Is really like to try one of each. I suffer from having no ass so it’s difficult to find a belt that stay up with that much weight.

@Patryn dontbyall sell blue alpha gear? If you do, have any of the double belt setups?

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
We sell @bluealphagear belts. The regular cheap one and the hybrid edc. Nothing more. If the edc cant keep your pants up with gear on.....your having some serious issues.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
We sell @bluealphagear belts. The regular cheap one and the hybrid edc. Nothing more. If the edc cant keep your pants up with gear on.....your having some serious issues.
I havetwo of their belts, an original I wear at work everyday and a hybrid I wear 99% of the time not at work. I love them. I have to keep them cinched up pretty tight for them to hold any weight other than a IWB holster. Having it tight enough to support the weight of all the things I want on it makes it too uncomfortable. I used to use a “duty” belt at work with keepers and it was much better at holding up weight without being uncomfortable.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I highly recommend the belts from Jones Tactical. 100% American-made materials, hand-sewed here in Georgia. Top drawer quality and Richard Jones is a stand-up guy. I've got several of his belts, pre-set up for different purposes; carbine courses, Guerrilla Sniper, etc.

Talking with him right now about designing a slightly different 2-point sling, as I haven't found one that I think is "perfect" for me. He's sending me a prototype right now.

http://jonestactical.com/

Reactions: Cudruln

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Time to revive this as I just scored an hsgi battle belt for $20 at Bargain Hunt. It was labeled as a tool belt accessory or some dumb shit. Been thinking about one for a long while, just couldn't justify the cost...till now at least. I'll get a pic when I get home. Just need to pick up another Cobra buckle belt to strap it on with...I've become quite fond of the one I wear everyday.