Not open for further replies.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
I would be willing to help fund the site. Maybe a consortium could be created to donate funds monthly to the site. If the annual fee is $250 and the monthly fees are $178 a month, that is basically $200 a month to pay for the site. We could set aside any extra funds in a discretionary acount to cover any additional expenses over the course of the year.

If 10 people contributed $20 a month then that would definitely cover operating costs on a limited basis. Obviously Doug is looking to recover his investments from over the years.

This community always rallys around a member in need and at one time or another we have all contributed to the cause. I understand where Doug had lost the drive and energy to run the site as it has been a long labor of love for him. I know that he has always said that he was not in this for the money. Certainly people have paid memberships over the years and some of us have purchased lifetime and higher memberships. I am sure Doug has invested in more than just the operation costs over the years if you look at the Christmas giveaways alone.

It sounds like we have people who are willing to take over running the site although just do not have the finances to take on the commitment. If we can figure out a way to finance the operation costs amongst the members, then the site can go on and grow.

This community means so much to so many and I cannot see it dissolve and go away. It would be a shame and a waste. Doug has honored us all over the years and it is time for us to honor him. If we can step up and help the members of a site that brought us together then we should be able to step up and save this site!!!!
I’m willing to be a monthly donor.
I will come up with $20 to $25 a month somehow to keep the lights on.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
There are some interested local buyers that want to invest and grow the community more that I am talking to right now. I am very hopeful and interviewing each one to make sure they’re the right fit.

It’s not so much about the money, I could find this site until I die… it’s more so about a season in my life that I believe has past. I have other ventures I am unable to pursue that I’d like to pursue. I want nothing more to see this community thrive and grow and I don’t believe I’m that leader that is needed at this moment. New / fresh leadership will help grow the site and make this community even stronger.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
There are some interested local buyers that want to invest and grow the community more that I am talking to right now. I am very hopeful and interviewing each one to make sure they’re the right fit.

It’s not so much about the money, I could find this site until I die… it’s more so about a season in my life that I believe has past. I have other ventures I am unable to pursue that I’d like to pursue. I want nothing more to see this community thrive and grow and I don’t believe I’m that leader that is needed at this moment. New / fresh leadership will help grow the site and make this community even stronger.

How much time I we have?
I would like you to still be the hmfwic for the 5th annual SET Meat and Drink.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I can make a monthly donation happen as well. I don‘t post too often anymore...but I love this community.
I haven't been on much lately either. I do know that this site benefits so many people.

@dougiemac please make sure that the new owner has the same mindset as you. I am afraid if the new owner is more about the money that the site will lose the freedom we have and enjoy now. I don't want to see it wither and die.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I haven't been on much lately either. I do know that this site benefits so many people.

@dougiemac please make sure that the new owner has the same mindset as you. I am afraid if the new owner is more about the money that the site will lose the freedom we have and enjoy now. I don't want to see it wither and die.
I assure you that’s all I’m looking for. I’ve interviewed a number of interested parties and have turned down higher offers in place of finding the right person.

Red Squirrel 556

Street Justice Department
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 24, 2020
Fayette
Stupid cause this site is so much cooler than ODT and that shithole gets tons of traffic and ad action.

I'm sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.