[Article] - What To Do If You Get Pulled Over While Carrying A Concealed Handgun In Ohio

Faktory 47
Feb 7, 2016
I was on my way home from Cumberland Falls State Park lst week and was pulled over in a traffic stop between Somerset and Mount Vernon, Kentucky for going 7 miles over the 55 speed limit. Several deputies were in the area making stops, apparently due to accidents in the area. (bad curve just after this area). I rolled down my window, put my hands on the wheel and waited.

The deputy came up, said hello and I told him I had a CCW and my weapon was in the center console. I am not a spring chicken - 63 years old. He chuckled and said, "You keeps yours put away and I'll keep mine put away." We had a pleasant conversation. He looked at my drivers license and registration, handed it back to me without a ticket, told me they were trying to reduce speeding on that stretch of road and told me to have a great day.

This was my first stop since I received my CCW and was a little nervous. The deputy was great, a mountain boy like me.

Feb 2, 2016
you did everything right and i would also mention at night turn on your dome light the more comfortable he is the better off you are