[Article] - Trump's Recent Political Failings Is Leaving Our Second Amendment At Risk

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

William75

Hunter
Jun 12, 2016
To be honest, who cares. If you think Trump is some how going to be good for politics in this country you're ill informed. If you're voting Trump just because you think he'll protect the second amendment and you aren't concerned with the other things.. well you're part of the problem too.

Hillary is certainly a terrible choice, and so is Trump. We should be embarrassed and worried that this is where our two party political system is at

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
Protecting rights is probably the single most important thing a president can do (especially through supreme court nominees). History has proven that once rights are taken away or no longer recognized/protected, you can never get them back. A president with bad policies is something our nation can survive (and has many times in the past, the last 8 years for example) so yes, choosing Trump because he's good for the 2nd amendment is a FAR better choice than Hillary. Both will be crappy presidents, but protecting our rights is the single most important thing we can vote for, because it has permanent effects. And to be honest, Trump is a low-life with a terrible personality, but his policies on most of the issues aren't all that far from my views (or the traditional republican platform for that matter). I can't stand the thought of voting for him because I simply don't like him. But the alternative is far worse.

And complain about the 2 party system all you want, but it helps protect the majority of people because it ensures the winner is chosen by more of the people/states than a simple plurality. Plus, even though people complain about the electoral college, it was created for a reason that I strongly believe in. And one result of it is that a 2 party system will continually emerge. It may be different parties, but only 2 parties will have power at any given time. So it's not like we are permanently stuck with republicans and democrats. History has proven 3 parties can emerge and win. If you feel a 3rd party accurately represents you, then vote for them. And if enough people agree with you, that 3rd party will win. But don't complain about the 2 party system just because not enough people agree with you. Personally, the republicans still are closest to my views even though the Libertarians are dead on when it comes to many issues. However, there are some dealbreakers for me in the Libertarian platform that I cannot morally ignore. As such, I won't be voting 3rd party yet.

David (OHGO)

Tracker
Sep 29, 2016
hmmm, something strange has happened in this article comment thread, I know there used to be more replies here..

William75

Hunter
Jun 12, 2016
Protecting rights is probably the single most important thing a president can do (especially through supreme court nominees). History has proven that once rights are taken away or no longer recognized/protected, you can never get them back. A president with bad policies is something our nation can survive (and has many times in the past, the last 8 years for example) so yes, choosing Trump because he's good for the 2nd amendment is a FAR better choice than Hillary. Both will be crappy presidents, but protecting our rights is the single most important thing we can vote for, because it has permanent effects. And to be honest, Trump is a low-life with a terrible personality, but his policies on most of the issues aren't all that far from my views (or the traditional republican platform for that matter). I can't stand the thought of voting for him because I simply don't like him. But the alternative is far worse.

And complain about the 2 party system all you want, but it helps protect the majority of people because it ensures the winner is chosen by more of the people/states than a simple plurality. Plus, even though people complain about the electoral college, it was created for a reason that I strongly believe in. And one result of it is that a 2 party system will continually emerge. It may be different parties, but only 2 parties will have power at any given time. So it's not like we are permanently stuck with republicans and democrats. History has proven 3 parties can emerge and win. If you feel a 3rd party accurately represents you, then vote for them. And if enough people agree with you, that 3rd party will win. But don't complain about the 2 party system just because not enough people agree with you. Personally, the republicans still are closest to my views even though the Libertarians are dead on when it comes to many issues. However, there are some dealbreakers for me in the Libertarian platform that I cannot morally ignore. As such, I won't be voting 3rd party yet.

You are absolutely right about rights being taken away and they never come back. I just don't think trump will protect them any better than anyone else. Its a sad state of elections this year in my humble opinion. Watching this last debate right now, hasn't reassured me of anything either sadly.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
No doubt this election sucks. It just reaffirms the importance of keeping control of both houses of Congress. If the republicans lose that, it will be a disaster no matter who wins the White House. We need to encourage people to vote in spite of the Presidential tickets, even if they leave President blank, to make sure to win all the other important races.

X

Xxxxxx

I'm not voting trump I'm voting to save our Supreme Court . If we don't vote trump we will suffer for it for the next 20 or 30 years. So think long and hard about that. 

David (OHGO)

Tracker
Sep 29, 2016
I'm not voting trump I'm voting to save our Supreme Court . If we don't vote trump we will suffer for it for the next 20 or 30 years. So think long and hard about that. 

I agree, I'm not voting for Trump either. I'm just voting against Hillary.

David (OHGO)

Tracker
Sep 29, 2016
This election season is absolutely amazing and mind blowing! The FBI has once again reopened their email probe into Clinton and hopefully this time they get it right! They have like 10 days to do the right thing and bring her up on charges. Hopefully they do it sooner rather than later and let the dems get someone else up there or something. Im not sure of what the process would be like this late in the game. 

One thing is for sure, Trump was trailing in polls (but slowly regaining) and now he should just rocket on past her! We might have some hope after all for our supreme leader and savior will be in office come January!