Are Y'all Ready for the Coming Shift?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

dammitgriff

Woodsman
Apr 25, 2021
Florida
China plans to do the same with their new Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC).
The Federal Reserve has already announced they will play an instrumental role in creating a CBDC here in the U.S....what do you want to bet they will do the same thing to us as China plans to do to their own “citizens”?
R/Griff

chance

Sniper
Jul 15, 2015
Kennesaw
Zip code
Chance, I haven’t checked up on this in a while, but there is a mandate issued by Uncle Sam as part of the “Patriot Act” that requires banking institutions to report to them all cash transactions/transfers exceeding $10,000. For all I know—and it wouldn’t surprise me—the cash threshold may have been lowered.
Those of you who think your “valuables” are safe and secure in safety deposit boxes in banks or other private companies are in for a lesson you won’t forget. They raided them in Greece (2015) and our own government has recently used blanket warrants to go through SDB’s indiscriminately in search of contraband. Cash, gold, jewelry and even official documents have been seized under warrant and with precedent under civil asset forfeiture laws, circumventing or outright ignoring the 4th Amendment protections under the Constitution.
They don’t give a f*ck about your rights. I have a real problem with that.
R/Griff
Yes they report cash transactions over 10,000 but that wasnt the issue. I had to go to 3 wells fargo banks just to get that much. They dont keep hardly anything on hand anymore. Their vault is basically empty at all times and they want you to place an order for cash and it takes several days, sometimes up to a week to get.
Safety deposit boxes are a complete joke.

oio

Weekend Warrior
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Physical assets are better than a magic money card.
Yes they are. And have a diverse setup (only time I like to use the word “diverse”, regarding assets)
Invest in properties, cars, houses, knowledge at different locations especially in the country somewhere with land and have a means to be as self sufficient as possible.
These are important if shit gets crazy, could make a difference between survival or death.

Huddy

Weekend Warrior
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
As covid kicked off last year my father went to his local bank to get cash. He was buying a new backhoe...they would not agree to give him the amount he requested in cash until he placed an order, verified with documentation what the money was to be used for, then waited on approval. Needless to say, he was pissed. He pulled every dime across a multitude of accounts, savings, checking, money management...even refinanced his home with a small local bank to get out from under Chase. Cancelled credit cards with them too.

Huddy

Weekend Warrior
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
The difficulty is balance. If you invest everything into hard assets, those will only ever gain value if shtf and access to them is no longer available. Personally, I think you have to have the mindset that this is the ONLY possible scenario to take this route. I guess I just don't see it as the only possible outcome though none of the possibilities inspire joy-joy feelings, I think the chance of complete and utter devastation is still low.

lesptr

Sasquatch
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
China plans to do the same with their new Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC).
The Federal Reserve has already announced they will play an instrumental role in creating a CBDC here in the U.S....what do you want to bet they will do the same thing to us as China plans to do to their own “citizens”?
R/Griff

I think I’m going to stick my head back in the sand now. That’s where I hide my beer.

lesptr

Sasquatch
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Yes they report cash transactions over 10,000 but that wasnt the issue. I had to go to 3 wells fargo banks just to get that much. They dont keep hardly anything on hand anymore. Their vault is basically empty at all times and they want you to place an order for cash and it takes several days, sometimes up to a week to get.
Safety deposit boxes are a complete joke.

I remember when a friend of mine bought a SXS 4x4 from a member here that wanted cash. He said it was a FUCKING pain in the ass to with draw 10k in cash.

lesptr

Sasquatch
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Yes they are. And have a diverse setup (only time I like to use the word “diverse”, regarding assets)
Invest in properties, cars, houses, knowledge at different locations especially in the country somewhere with land and have a means to be as self sufficient as possible.
These are important if shit gets crazy, could make a difference between survival or death.

I understand that real property is real monetary asset, but I don’t know how to spend land.

lesptr

Sasquatch
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
As covid kicked off last year my father went to his local bank to get cash. He was buying a new backhoe...they would not agree to give him the amount he requested in cash until he placed an order, verified with documentation what the money was to be used for, then waited on approval. Needless to say, he was pissed. He pulled every dime across a multitude of accounts, savings, checking, money management...even refinanced his home with a small local bank to get out from under Chase. Cancelled credit cards with them too.

Outstanding

Huddy

Weekend Warrior
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Hell, when I left my last company in January, they issued my severance as a check. BOA in cumming made me wait nearly 2 weeks to get the cash. They flat told me they couldn't cover it. I asked them to go take it out of the 2 ATMs...they chuckled. I really wasn't playing, so they explained those machines are separately managed and the funds in them are "not the branch's"

dammitgriff

Woodsman
Apr 25, 2021
Florida
The dollar’s exorbitant privilege as the world’s sole reserve currency is definitely coming to a close. Many economic experts expect a basket of stable currencies to join it, and of course the Euro, Yuan and Ruble will likely share the wealth and become peers to the USD.
Once this happens, Americans across the economic spectrum will have to adjust their lifestyles to cope with a much higher cost of living. It sucks, it’s not the productive citizenry’s fault and I’m pretty pissed my kids are starting their lives out facing exponentially higher hurdles than I had when I was 18.
To top it off, if history is any guide (it usually is) Uncle Sam will be looking for a bonafide war to distract the masses from its complete and utter incompetence. I’m going to try my best to keep my boys out of the military and away from those psycho bastards’ control in D.C..
Beer time already? Hot damn!
R/Griff

Matt Ellerbee

Pure blood
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Canton
Zip code
I did basically the same thing, needed about 6k to buy a trail rig, went to a BoA branch in Smyrna, after leaving the beer company one afternoon. Never been in there before. Got all kinds of grief for wanting my money. Managers involved. Got my 6k and every fucking dime of my money. I understand they were hesitant, but I had ID, carry permit and bank card with PIN.

Ended up hauling about 10k to Tennessee to get that crawler.

TRS

Tracker
Jun 16, 2021
South of the gnat line
I understand that real property is real monetary asset, but I don’t know how to spend land.
Don't even try, it like your guns will end up on a list, the "rules" of eminent domain have been perverted to become any thing at any time for any reason. Only that which you can hold by force will you retain. Take advantage of the current market, convert to hard assets that have auctual value. You can't eat gold or silver and they make shitty bullets. Unarmed mobs of hungry people will be come the new plague.

Reactions: dammitgriff

FarewellToKings

To sow a new mentality
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jun 21, 2019
Central, Ga
Zip code
Don't even try, it like your guns will end up on a list, the "rules" of eminent domain have been perverted to become any thing at any time for any reason. Only that which you can hold by force will you retain. Take advantage of the current market, convert to hard assets that have auctual value. You can't eat gold or silver and they make shitty bullets. Unarmed mobs of hungry people will be come the new plague.
Fancy technical term - meaning actual auctionable value.