Are Y'all Ready for the Coming Shift?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
We are in the midst of shifting from a Republic to a Democracy. Individual rights will give way to the rights of larger groups, whether those are citizens groups, lobby groups, political groups with the most power, etc...as individual freedoms and rights erode. Our financial stability is also at risk. I know I've been the SETs "perma-bear", but I don't see how we get out of 2021 without major market corrections and a LONGTIME bearish economy with major losses followed by decades of no growth.

I think it's difficult to recognize major change when you're in the middle of it. The human brain likes to smooth things out and normalize erratic patterns for the sake of consistency and continuity, but things are...off.

If you think about current events and the economy in relation to the boiling frog theory...it sure does seem like the water is nearly unbearable.

Thoughts?
We are cooked. USSR in 1989 and US in 2021 are too similar.
Silver hit the bottom at $24.50 last week and now seems to be on its way to the moon. We'll see.
Soviets seized private savings accounts in 1991, IIRC. Did not give them back till 2008ish. Why would it be any different in US?
Pay off debt now or lock in fixed rates. Get ready to barter, grow food. Practice now, while you can afford to lose crops.
We are investing IMPOTUS bucks into our property.

Grunk

Spitting out pieces of my broken luck
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
None of us are going to like the change coming,gonna get violent in my opinion. Then no turning back the clock quickly.
Like i say, I'm old enough I may not live to see a lot of it. But I truly weep for my grandnephew & grandnieces who are middle school/high school age. I'm afraid they face a long & painful road ahead.

oio

Weekend Warrior
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
This exposes the subject of necessity vs knowledge (possibly unwittingly) and how it’s changed in the last 100 years.
Knowledge has increased substantially.
But for the most part it has been curbed by false advertising and transformed necessity into a meaningless herd mentality of wasted time and wasted money. It has become so popular and perpetual that people now pass on the bullshit to others regarding what one should do, buy, think, say or accept to such a degree that it will be very difficult to change course back to reason, logic and understanding of the absolute fuckage that many are blindly accepting.
Brainwashing is too simple a term.
Maybe one day false advertising and outright bullshit will be an illegal punishable offense, but until then the masses will be tricked and used and somehow most are ok with it as long as they have some small reward or learn to joke about it.

erkinator

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
This exposes the subject of necessity vs knowledge (possibly unwittingly) and how it’s changed in the last 100 years.
Knowledge has increased substantially.
But for the most part it has been curbed by false advertising and transformed necessity into a meaningless herd mentality of wasted time and wasted money. It has become so popular and perpetual that people now pass on the bullshit to others regarding what one should do, buy, think, say or accept to such a degree that it will be very difficult to change course back to reason, logic and understanding of the absolute fuckage that many are blindly accepting.
Brainwashing is too simple a term.
Maybe one day false advertising and outright bullshit will be an illegal punishable offense, but until then the masses will be tricked and used and somehow most are ok with it as long as they have some small reward or learn to joke about it.
maybe the false bullshitters need a real bullshit lesson

chance

Sniper
Jul 15, 2015
Kennesaw
Zip code
I think its a good time to hold onto physical assets, and not keep them in a bank. I went to pay off my car, and trying to get 15k in cash was a pain in the ass. Could you imagine how fucked we would be if we had some small panic and people all decided that they would need cash on hand. I saw a thing that was a couple years old and it said that only a few percent of all our currency was in physical cash.
Keep important things near you in a safe

Attachments

• 803329AA-8370-460D-A80B-7F29B90EAE88.jpeg
    803329AA-8370-460D-A80B-7F29B90EAE88.jpeg
    415.4 KB · Views: 0

Cudruln

Turning pennies into dollars.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I think its a good time to hold onto physical assets, and not keep them in a bank. I went to pay off my car, and trying to get 15k in cash was a pain in the ass. Could you imagine how fucked we would be if we had some small panic and people all decided that they would need cash on hand. I saw a thing that was a couple years old and it said that only a few percent of all our currency was in physical cash.
Keep important things near you in a safe
Physical assets are better than a magic money card.

dammitgriff

Woodsman
Apr 25, 2021
Florida
Chance, I haven’t checked up on this in a while, but there is a mandate issued by Uncle Sam as part of the “Patriot Act” that requires banking institutions to report to them all cash transactions/transfers exceeding $10,000. For all I know—and it wouldn’t surprise me—the cash threshold may have been lowered.
Those of you who think your “valuables” are safe and secure in safety deposit boxes in banks or other private companies are in for a lesson you won’t forget. They raided them in Greece (2015) and our own government has recently used blanket warrants to go through SDB’s indiscriminately in search of contraband. Cash, gold, jewelry and even official documents have been seized under warrant and with precedent under civil asset forfeiture laws, circumventing or outright ignoring the 4th Amendment protections under the Constitution.
They don’t give a f*ck about your rights. I have a real problem with that.
R/Griff

dammitgriff

Woodsman
Apr 25, 2021
Florida
Thatis pure inflation.
Double-digit CPI figures are in the cards, and who else has figured out a 3% annual raise still leaves you with negative-trending net income?
Not one banker was tried in criminal court after the financial crash of 2007-08.
R/Griff

Reactions: Miles and Grunk

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Thatis pure inflation.
Double-digit CPI figures are in the cards, and who else has figured out a 3% annual raise still leaves you with negative-trending net income?
Not one banker was tried in criminal court after the financial crash of 2007-08.
R/Griff
Yep. It will be like USSR in the 90s.
Hard, but survivable, if you put your mind to it.

lesptr

Sasquatch
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Chance, I haven’t checked up on this in a while, but there is a mandate issued by Uncle Sam as part of the “Patriot Act” that requires banking institutions to report to them all cash transactions/transfers exceeding $10,000. For all I know—and it wouldn’t surprise me—the cash threshold may have been lowered.
Those of you who think your “valuables” are safe and secure in safety deposit boxes in banks or other private companies are in for a lesson you won’t forget. They raided them in Greece (2015) and our own government has recently used blanket warrants to go through SDB’s indiscriminately in search of contraband. Cash, gold, jewelry and even official documents have been seized under warrant and with precedent under civil asset forfeiture laws, circumventing or outright ignoring the 4th Amendment protections under the Constitution.
R/Griff

I was unaware they could raid my box. Damn. What now? It’s not safe at home, it’s not safe at the bank.

Reactions: dammitgriff

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
R/Griff
Crete did the same in 2018, I believe. Seized millions of dollars from SDB of Russian expats.
In the late 80s in USSR government just froze all bank accounts and seized the funds. Currency was released slow 10 years later over a period of several years. With minimal interest.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
I was unaware they could raid my box. Damn. What now? It’s not safe at home, it’s not safe at the bank.
Hidden safe at home. Water and air tight jar under a dog house. What did folks do in the Great Depression times?
To flush currency held outside the banks, Soviets redesigned their currency several times in in the 90s, while cutting all prices and wages by 100, to hide the hyperinflation. You had limited amount of time to turn old bills in, and there were caps.

Last edited: