This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Anyone have a Ruger Mk IV?

Discussion in 'Firearms Talk' started by AtlMedic, May 19, 2017 at 8:01 AM.

1. AtlMedic

AtlMedic Not A Doctor
    Super Moderator Trusted Trader Site Supporter

Thinking about picking up a .22 pistol. I know @Laufen likes his S&W Victory so I am going to give it a look too but I was wondering what kind of experience y'all have had with the Mk IV.

I had a Mk 3 and loved it aside from taking it apart being a giant pain in the ass and I like that the Mk IV fixed that issue.

2. Hayata

Hayata Weekend Warrior
    Lifetime Supporter

Big Ruger fan here but not sure I would be in the market for the MkIV only because I have a MkII Govt Tgt Model which is an absolute dream to shoot.

A threaded SR22, on the other hand...may be the next Ruger purchase...

Subscribed for input on the MKIV.

AtlMedic likes this.
  3. AtlMedic

AtlMedic Not A Doctor

I had a Mk III but sold it off during the great .22 shortage. Now that .22 is easily available I figure I should go ahead and replace it.

4. dial1911

dial1911 Pro Grade Canine Copulator
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter

I haven't tried the MK IV yet. I've had a couple MK III's and only kept the MK III Lite because it was threaded.

I still love the old MK II's. Sold a Gov't Target to help with a recent purchase. I still have to get rid of another MK II to cover a tax stamp,but I can't decide which one to sell.

The MK IV's look very chunky to me. They might handle fine, but just look very thick. But there again, I'm a big MK II fan. They're not hard to put together once you know how to do it.

5. Mac11FA

Mac11FA Stamp collector
    Lifetime Supporter Trusted Trader

I have the 22/45 Ruger. I will be more than willing to let you try it out. It has threaded barrel as well.

6. AtlMedic

AtlMedic Not A Doctor

Is it the Mk IV?

7. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Wolverine
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter

I held off buying the Mark series because of the takedown and cleaning was such a problem for me since I shoot a lot of 22. When Ruger released the Mark IV I was all in. The 22/45 is what I wanted @Laufen found me a good deal so I bought it and couldn't be happier. I picked it up at Tru Prep within a couple days. The trigger isn't bad like complaints I've heard in the past about Ruger triggers. I like the ease to clean and it shoots great. The only complaint is blacked out sites but a little color on the FS fixed that thanks @Patryn I would recommend this pistol to every 22 shooter and you're welcome to try it out. I plan on hitting Charlie Elliot one day in June I'll let you know.

[​IMG]

TattooedGunner likes this.
  8. Mac11FA

Mac11FA Stamp collector
    Lifetime Supporter Trusted Trader

Yep