Am I takin crazy pills?

Howard Law

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Violence is so broad. I don’t think a guy who kicks someone’s ass in a bar fight should lose his constitutional rights. If someone can’t be trusted to walk among us with a weapon then we should stop letting them out of their cages.

With our prison overpopulation, parole practices, and ever more lenient sentencing it’s getting harder and harder to send people to prison for decent amounts of time. I’ve had a woman who stabbed her husband with a 6” screwdriver in the chest to the hilt get 2 years confinement and paroled out in 6 months. You think she really has the restraint to own a firearm?

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
95% of the crime I deal with relates to drugs. 4/5 child molestations I see are in drug houses, the murders are usually during meth binges, fights while high, burglaries for dope money, burglaries to steal pills, etc. Working around this stuff has changed what were previously more libertarian views on harder drugs.
When you’re really exposed to the carnage that comes from narcotics abuse, it does tend to change your perspective a bit. I don’t think the government should nanny us to the point where they have ultimate say as to what we choose to ingest. I think right now if you wanted to really do something about the drug problem, we should start with the pharmaceutical companies. I have no idea how, but I know they have created this problem. I watched a documentary about fentynyl recently. Pissed me off really bad. I’m raising three boys by myself because of shit like that and their unscrupulous practices.

Reactions: 1776

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
With our prison overpopulation, parole practices, and ever more lenient sentencing it’s getting harder and harder to send people to prison for decent amounts of time. I’ve had a woman who stabbed her husband with a 6” screwdriver in the chest to the hilt get 2 years confinement and paroled out in 6 months. You think she really has the restraint to own a firearm?
That’s attempted murder. She should be in prison. She could use one of the cells currently occupied by a guy doing 20 years for selling weed or embezzling money from stupid people. Prison overpopulation is not a valid justification for cutting sentences short. That’s an entirely different problem. One that’s just exacerbating the real problem.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
95% of the crime I deal with relates to drugs. 4/5 child molestations I see are in drug houses, the murders are usually during meth binges, fights while high, burglaries for dope money, burglaries to steal pills, etc. Working around this stuff has changed what were previously more libertarian views on harder drugs.
Plenty of people fight, rape and steal while drunk.
I'm not OK with this perverse orwellian concept of imprisoning people before they harm someone just because they use a substance that might lead to another crime. By that same standard we should arrest everyone who drinks and owns a car.....or everyone who owns a gun and can use it effectively. Every former EOD guy should be imprisoned......just to be safe. Former snipers should definitely never be allowed to have a rifle. Retire from SF/Marsoc/75th get put down.....it's for the kids yo.
I've thought about reaching out to a homie at sandline, guess I should just go ahead and be hung at the hague.

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Wow, I’m a bit surprised honestly. I personally believe felons shouldn’t have firearms at least for the duration of their sentence and permanently for those with violent felonies. I have no qualms taking a meth dealers right to carry away from him.

I think the idea of “enforcing the current gun laws we have” is essential since the lack of enforcement at even basic levels makes some people try and create more laws to govern the whole when we aren’t even enforcing the laws on the currently violating individuals.

I asked for 5 do 1, expecting to get 5 do 30-60 days. Judge gave me 5 do 10 days.

How can we complain about things like the Broward county sheriffs not putting the parkland shooter into the criminal justice system earlier when we don’t seem to take a non qualified person with open access to guns seriously?

So I guess I am taking crazy pills, lol.

I must have missed something because I was basing my response on the "4th time shoplifter is a felon"... This person is an asshole, no doubt. This person does not appear (from that history) to be violent, hurt people, or be a substance abuser to the point that they are a danger to others.

And as far as the Broward Co folks- they weren't dealing with a four time shoplifter from what the "media" told me... that guy had threatened neighbors, killed animals, etc.

I realize that it's never black and white, but I wouldn't compare a shop lifter to the Florida crazy guy.

Reactions: Shemp

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Plenty of people fight, rape and steal while drunk.
I'm not OK with this perverse orwellian concept of imprisoning people before they harm someone just because they use a substance that might lead to another crime. By that same standard we should arrest everyone who drinks and owns a car.....or everyone who owns a gun and can use it effectively. Every former EOD guy should be imprisoned......just to be safe. Former snipers should definitely never be allowed to have a rifle. Retire from SF/Marsoc/75th get put down.....it's for the kids yo.
I've thought about reaching out to a homie at sandline, guess I should just go ahead and be hung at the hague.

You forgot one; everyone with a dick is a rapist. Wait, the feminists already say that

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I must have missed something because I was basing my response on the "4th time shoplifter is a felon"... This person is an asshole, no doubt. This person does not appear (from that history) to be violent, hurt people, or be a substance abuser to the point that they are a danger to others.

And as far as the Broward Co folks- they weren't dealing with a four time shoplifter from what the "media" told me... that guy had threatened neighbors, killed animals, etc.

I realize that it's never black and white, but I wouldn't compare a shop lifter to the Florida crazy guy.
Agreed. Shoplifting is one thing, a clear history of antisocial and sociopathic behavior is another.I'm not saying he should have been arrested, but the first time caught killing an animal should warrant some sort of mh evaluation and observation.

Reactions: dial1911

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Wow, I’m a bit surprised honestly. I personally believe felons shouldn’t have firearms at least for the duration of their sentence and permanently for those with violent felonies. I have no qualms taking a meth dealers right to carry away from him.

I think the idea of “enforcing the current gun laws we have” is essential since the lack of enforcement at even basic levels makes some people try and create more laws to govern the whole when we aren’t even enforcing the laws on the currently violating individuals.

I asked for 5 do 1, expecting to get 5 do 30-60 days. Judge gave me 5 do 10 days.

How can we complain about things like the Broward county sheriffs not putting the parkland shooter into the criminal justice system earlier when we don’t seem to take a non qualified person with open access to guns seriously?

So I guess I am taking crazy pills, lol.
Do you feel she's a threat to herself or anyone else?

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I fail to see how her husband's guns have anything in common with her history of shoplifting. I'm with the majority. She has never used one in a crime, it's just another punishment to the 2A. If you want her punished, punish her for the shop lifting more severely each time she commits one. 1st offense, slap on the wrist and probation/community service. 2nd offense, steeper fine 30 days in probation/community service. 3rd offense 2 years even steeper, 4th sell her for scientific experimentation.

Reactions: FatAlbert

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Depending on the amount she shoplifted in the past <$500 misdemeanor or >$500 felony !
It doesn’t take much to add up to $500 nowadays. Even still if she’s a felon she can’t around them period or that is another felony.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Depending on the amount she shoplifted in the past <$500 misdemeanor or >$500 felony !
It doesn’t take much to add up to $500 nowadays. Even still if she’s a felon she can’t around them period or that is another felony.

It’s recidivist shoplifting, your 4th shoplifting charge is a felony

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
If she's paid her debt she's square with society. No charge.

Reactions: 1776