Am I takin crazy pills?

American Revival Apparel Company

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
So a woman is found to live in a home with her husband with 3 guns lying around in the open (living room table, kitchen, and hallway) (Ruger 9mm pistol, 22/45, and 2/lt bolt Gun). She’s a convicted felon since she decided to shoplift over 4 different times In the past and at 4 it is a felony. Her history is littered with misdemeanors.

Now the sentencing for felon with a firearm is between 1 year probation and 5 years confinement.

If you were a judge what would you give her?

I’ll tell you what I asked for, but I want to see what y’all say to see if I’m the crazy one here.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I’m personally of the opinion that you have the right to keep and bear arms in your home even if you have been convicted of crimes in the past. So as per the current law, unless she did something stupid or violent I would seek the minimum because it’s a stupid law.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Free men shall not be debarred the use of arms...

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
She didn’t use firearms in shoplifting cases or it would be robbery. The guns aren’t hurting her being out in the open in the house her problem is just bad choices. Looks like probation would be fine here. She could use a daily dose of common sense tho.

Reactions: dial1911

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Dismiss the case. I hate a thief as much as anybody else but I don't believe that shoplifting, I don't care how many times, should warrant taking away one's right to protect themselves or their family.

Reactions: 1776

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I believe only violent offenses should warrant loss.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I do not see any reason the tax payers should have to pay to incarcerate her over simply "being around husband's guns in their home"... Now if she'd committed an armed robbery, threatened someone with a gun, or otherwise used a gun in a violent way, then lock her up.

Cereal shoplifting is a felony? I would not have guessed that... four times and you're out I guess.

Please tell us that you recommended the amputation of her right hand.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
Violence is so broad. I don’t think a guy who kicks someone’s ass in a bar fight should lose his constitutional rights. If someone can’t be trusted to walk among us with a weapon then we should stop letting them out of their cages.
Fuck cages, I got four words for you:
Remote island penal colony

Reactions: Rwjeter

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Wow, I’m a bit surprised honestly. I personally believe felons shouldn’t have firearms at least for the duration of their sentence and permanently for those with violent felonies. I have no qualms taking a meth dealers right to carry away from him.

I think the idea of “enforcing the current gun laws we have” is essential since the lack of enforcement at even basic levels makes some people try and create more laws to govern the whole when we aren’t even enforcing the laws on the currently violating individuals.

I asked for 5 do 1, expecting to get 5 do 30-60 days. Judge gave me 5 do 10 days.

How can we complain about things like the Broward county sheriffs not putting the parkland shooter into the criminal justice system earlier when we don’t seem to take a non qualified person with open access to guns seriously?

So I guess I am taking crazy pills, lol.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Wow, I’m a bit surprised honestly. I personally believe felons shouldn’t have firearms at least for the duration of their sentence and permanently for those with violent felonies. I have no qualms taking a meth dealers right to carry away from him.

I think the idea of “enforcing the current gun laws we have” is essential since the lack of enforcement at even basic levels makes some people try and create more laws to govern the whole when we aren’t even enforcing the laws on the currently violating individuals.

I asked for 5 do 1, expecting to get 5 do 30-60 days. Judge gave me 5 do 10 days.

How can we complain about things like the Broward county sheriffs not putting the parkland shooter into the criminal justice system earlier when we don’t seem to take a non qualified person with open access to guns seriously?

In theory you’re right. The problem is that we know once you start chipping away at a right, it never ends. It will never end. A right is a right. All free men should have them.

Reactions: 1776

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code

I have a problem with any 'crime' that doesn't have a victim or intended victim. Who did that meth dealer harm? Who was harmed by this lady having guns in her house? When someone gets pinned with an eight ball of coke, who is the victim? Who was harmed if I get pulled over at 30 over the limit?

The world is a dangerous place and always will be regardless of how much we try to regulate that danger. All we're doing with our current administration of Justice is deluding ourselves and turning people who committed a 'crime' with no victim into real criminals when they're faced with no alternatives upon release.

The term 'paying a debt to society' is used a lot, but the concept is not implemented. The only people getting paid in our current system are the privatized corrections systems. Why not bring back that concept of repaying society? The 13th is clear as fuck, slavery is just fine for prisoners.

Reactions: Shemp

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I have a problem with any 'crime' that doesn't have a victim or intended victim. Who did that meth dealer harm? Who was harmed by this lady having guns in her house? When someone gets pinned with an eight ball of coke, who is the victim? Who was harmed if I get pulled over at 30 over the limit?

The world is a dangerous place and always will be regardless of how much we try to regulate that danger. All we're doing with our current administration of Justice is deluding ourselves and turning people who committed a 'crime' with no victim into real criminals when they're faced with no alternatives upon release.

The term 'paying a debt to society' is used a lot, but the concept is not implemented. The only people getting paid in our current system are the privatized corrections systems. Why not bring back that concept of repaying society? The 13th is clear as fuck, slavery is just fine for prisoners.

95% of the crime I deal with relates to drugs. 4/5 child molestations I see are in drug houses, the murders are usually during meth binges, fights while high, burglaries for dope money, burglaries to steal pills, etc. Working around this stuff has changed what were previously more libertarian views on harder drugs.