Advent Calendars

Howard Law

Grunk

Hard to be an Outlaw that ain't Wanted anymore
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
So, I never knew about advent calendars growing up. No idea they even existed.

So this year I got everybody a calendar and this is mine...

View attachment 59231

Feel free to share yours in this thread.
Never knew about Advent Calendars either, til I got married & my in-laws talked about them. But all they talked about were little presents for kids. Didn't know there were "grown-up" versions til now.

Reactions: Jeddak and dial1911

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
Never knew about Advent Calendars either, til I got married & my in-laws talked about them. But all they talked about were little presents for kids. Didn't know there were "grown-up" versions til now.

There are some serious ones out there.... "Drinks by the Dram" sells a whiskey calendar ( but it's upwards of $200) and other "nice" liquor calendars.

I went in to Aldi early and got this one for me... and the wine one and a cheese one for my wife.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
@dial1911, what was the cost on the beer calendar?

I heard they had the wine, didn't know there was a beer! Heard the wine one goes fast! Is it the same with the beer, do ya know?

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
@dial1911, what was the cost on the beer calendar?

I heard they had the wine, didn't know there was a beer! Heard the wine one goes fast! Is it the same with the beer, do ya know?

Ok... so I was there about 20 minutes before they opened on the release day (Nov 7, I think). Parked on the far side of the building and saw one lady at the door. I'm like "ok, this isn't going to be that bad". I wait in the car and see someone else walk up so I get out of the car. There are about 10 people lined up around the corner of the building that I couldn't see.

Get a cart, get in line, and they opened the doors about 15 minutes early (I guess they saw enough people and figured everything was going to sell- and it did). Go in the store, follow people to the front and there are two pallets- one wine, one beer. The employees said "two per person max" then changed it to "two wine and two beer per person"... I got one of each. Went to the back and got a cheese calendar to go with the wine for my wife. Get back to the front and they're sold out.

It wasn't cheap (like $70 for the wine and $50 for the beer) and so far it's a mix of Aldi beer and wine. But my wife talked about it so much last year, I decided that was what she's getting getting for her birthday... and I wasn't going to leave without a beer calendar for me just because.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Ok... so I was there about 20 minutes before they opened on the release day (Nov 7, I think). Parked on the far side of the building and saw one lady at the door. I'm like "ok, this isn't going to be that bad". I wait in the car and see someone else walk up so I get out of the car. There are about 10 people lined up around the corner of the building that I couldn't see.

Get a cart, get in line, and they opened the doors about 15 minutes early (I guess they saw enough people and figured everything was going to sell- and it did). Go in the store, follow people to the front and there are two pallets- one wine, one beer. The employees said "two per person max" then changed it to "two wine and two beer per person"... I got one of each. Went to the back and got a cheese calendar to go with the wine for my wife. Get back to the front and they're sold out.

It wasn't cheap (like $70 for the wine and $50 for the beer) and so far it's a mix of Aldi beer and wine. But my wife talked about it so much last year, I decided that was what she's getting getting for her birthday... and I wasn't going to leave without a beer calendar for me just because.
Was there an email/FB/Instagram post about the release date?

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
Somebody needs to make one with the mini airplane bottles of whisky! And then they should give me one!

• Love
Reactions: Grunk

Grunk

Hard to be an Outlaw that ain't Wanted anymore
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
That's it! Now I just have to find somebody to pay for it & pay the international shipping & then still be willing to give it to me. Yeah, right. :flypig:

Reactions: dial1911